Gülümseme ve Zeytin
Gülümseme ve Zeytin Yardimlaşma ve Dayanişma Derneği (GvZ) is a non-profit, non-governmental civil society organization that has been supporting the most marginalized and desperate Syrians affected by conflict in Syria. Since the beginning, GvZ believes that its role is to create avenues to empower those affected by the conflict by developing their skills and reviving their sense of humanity and dignity. Through its community centers, GvZ provides women, youth, and marginalized groups with a range of various humanitarian services such as relief aid, protection, education programs, and networking with other humanitarian actors on how to advocate for issues deemed essential to highlight. To that end, GvZ strives to continue sharpening the skills of Syrians to partake in the peacebuilding process in Syria and actively advocate for a democracy reflecting a diverse yet socially coherent society.
Job Title: Project coordinator
Reports to: Country Director
Duration of Initial Contract: Full-time/ 6 Months with the possibility for extension
Work Location: Gaziantep, Turkey (with possible visits within the region)
duties and responsibilities:
· Manages the implementation of the project in NW Syria.
· Conducts related needs assessments for the implemented project or any other projects if required.
· Prepares work plan and time schedules for implementing the project activities.
· Coordinates with local and international partners (NGOs and other official agencies working with IR inside Syria).
· Coordinates & implements day to day activities with stakeholders in field.
· Supervision of implementation of the project activities in the field.
· Communicate & report on security or regulations when needed.
· Keeps track of Program progress through the monthly work plans, reporting on activities putting into consideration plans should be discussed in the monthly meetings to address challenges & achievements.
· Keeps a record of all project documents.
· Prepares progress and final report.
· Carries out other responsibilities and duties as requested by the line manager
· Ensures adherence with GvZ policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in information, Business Administration, or another related field
At least 2 years proven experience in Projects implementation in NGOs or UN agencies
Excellent experience in leading and managing training project(s)
Strong coordination skills with proven ability to work across multiple technical areas simultaneously, supporting and mentoring multiple staff members
Ability to manage time effectively and priorities work to meet deadlines
Demonstrate passion and commitment for changing people’s lives.
Must be creative, innovative, and inquisitive.
Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills;
Familiarity with Humanitarian Principles;
· Very good in English & fluent in Arabic (written and spoken).
IT skills **
· Very Good computer skills.
· Proficiency on the internet and search tools.
· Proficiency in MS office and the ability to use software necessary for project management and reporting. (Excel and word are a must)
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
Be honest and trustworthy.
Be respectful and flexible.
Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and demonstrate sound work ethics.
Applicants should have the legal ability to work in Turkey, female applicants are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in English describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, to: [email protected] with (GVZ- PC-G05) in the subject of their email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted