Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of team and culture that we are building, seeking staff that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other’s growth. Our success depends on all our employees’ points of view, and the principle that inclusion is everyone’s responsibility
Creative seeks a Program Manager for the Education for Development Division. The Program Manager provides a combination of technical, financial and administrative support within their project area by serving as a member of a Headquarters (HQ)-based team. A fully capable incumbent will perform all the duties of a Technical Manager, including: (1) performing research; (2) coordinating complex project elements; (3) attending meetings and events; (4) supporting business development efforts by identifying opportunities and writing parts of technical and management sections; (5) providing technical input for project design and implementation; and (6) monitoring contract compliance.
- Successfully serve as the project manager for one or more education division projects, supporting headquarters backstopping team(s), project director(s), and the field team(s);
- Provide technical assistance to ED projects and proposals related to basic education in areas such as early grade reading and math, social and emotional learning and/or education in emergencies; and
- Actively facilitate the development of solicited and unsolicited technical proposals and liaise with appropriate units or divisions as required
Reporting & Supervision:
This position is housed in the Education for Development Division, reporting to the Program Area Director.
A: Project Management
- Provides technical, administrative, financial, and operational support to a project team, maintaining working knowledge of company systems and procedures;
- Provides technical input for project and activity design and implementation, including development of annual work plans;
- Prepares, tracks and re-aligns budgets, including quarterly financial reviews;
- Reviews and processes project-related documentation, including invoices, ensuring transactions are properly documented and in compliance with contractual requirements and budget;
- Monitors subcontractor performance, including contracts, budgets and deliverables;
- Contributes to the preparation of quarterly, annual, final and progress reports, project success stories and other project material as required;
- Supports consultant engagement and deployment, developing and monitoring agreements, coordinating travel and logistical arrangements, and processing payments;
- Creates and maintains well-organized, up-to-date electronic and paper filing system;
- Supports key personnel in field projects;
- Supports project team in ensuring responsiveness to and ensuring good relations with client;
- Supports business development efforts, participating in drafting proposals and budgets, personnel recruitment, research, etc.;
- Supports and participates in necessary reconnaissance and fact-finding trips for bid preparation; and
- Supports ED Division activities, as necessary
B: New Business Development
- Contributes to business and competitive intelligence for the MENA/Asia regions, as appropriate;
- Contributes to capture planning and proposal development;
- Works directly with Proposal Managers and others in the Business Development Division, the Education Division; HR, Cost/Pricing, among others to contribute to the design of expected solicitations prior to their release;
- Contributes to the technical aspects of proposal design;
- Participates in bid staffing interviews, as appropriate;
- Supports technical writing and drafting sections of proposals; and,
- Fulfills other duties as needed and appropriate
- Master’s degree in education (preferred), international development or related field;
- 5 years of work experience in a related area;
- Excellent communication and writing, analytic and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills;
- Ability to develop and monitor program/project budgets, work plans and other management and reporting instruments;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office);
- Ability to manage and execute multiple concurrent tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well in team environment and under tight timelines.
- Previous experience implementing or back-stopping donor-funded projects including project start-ups and close-outs.
- Experience in U.S. Government donor relations.
- Knowledge of USAID Programs and Regulations.
- Awareness of the competitive market for education in one or more focal regions;
- Prior experience supporting winning USAID proposals;
- Prior experience contributing to capture and proposal development for USAID solicitations.
- Second language fluency highly preferred.
An employee’s pay position will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, performance, travel requirements, and business or organizational needs.
EEOC Statement: Creative is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, Ameri-Corps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. #LI-IB1
Accessibility Notice: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to [email protected].
Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: Creative will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation. LI-IB#
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.