The Project Manager will manage and oversee the operational aspects of the team. Reporting to the Team Leader, the Project Manager will work closely with key stakeholders and leadership of their team and the department. They will ensure that projects are forecasted and completed timely, key performance indicators are established and met, technical development of team members is ongoing, and will drive and manage growth objectives for the team.
- Develop and oversee the scheduling of projects
- Resource allocation management for existing clients and planning for new business
- Integrate resources and Aprio processes throughout all locations
- Prepare budgets based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Establish technical training needs for each team member and liaise with team leadership and Aprios Learning and Development Team to implement and track training progression.
- Documentation of team-specific technical and process-related materials
- Map out sales cycle process with applicable software tools and task owners. Define team member roles and responsibilities within the sales cycle.
- Pipeline reporting and management.
- Manage the teams extension process, proactively planning for taxing authority due dates.
- Management of client quarterly estimates and tax planning process
- Oversee the onboarding of new team members
- Procure, analyze, and interpret data for progress and metric analysis. Keep all team members on track with their individual and group level KPIs.
- Drive revenue and cash flow in the team
- Identify areas for process and technological improvements and work with team and department leadership to implement solutions
- Work closely with team administrative support to accomplish operational objectives
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- 5 years of experience in a tax practice of a CPA firm is required
- PMP and or Agile certification is not required, but strong experience in and passion for tax operational processes, efficiencies, and task and project management is key
- Experience seeing projects and tasks through full life cycle
- Motivated to become proficient in project management methodologies and accomplish relevant certifications as directed by Aprio
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Excellent analytical skills
- Self-starter and driven to pursue project management independently with minimal direction
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or a related field preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Intermediate to advanced skillset in Excel and data analysis
- Intimate knowledge of managing a workflow software for a tax practice
- Experience with timelining tasks and projects and aligning team members with objectives
- Understanding of financial KPIs and drivers of a tax practice
- Adept in learning and applying new technologies
Why Work For Aprio
Whether you are just starting out, looking to advance into management or searching for your next leadership role, Aprio offers an opportunity to grow with a future-focused, innovative firm.
Perks/Benefits We Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance on the first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k with Profit Sharing
- Discretionary Time Off structure
- Parental Leave coverage for both spouses
- Summer Hours/Flextime
- Tuition Assistance Program and CPA support program with cash incentive upon completion
- Dress your Day jeans casual to business professional depending on your day
- Discretionary incentive compensation based on firm, group and individual performance
- Incentive compensation related to origination of new client sales
Whats In It For You
- Working with an industry leader : Be part of a high-growth firm that is passionate for whats next.
- An awesome culture: Thirty-one fundamental behaviors guide our culture every day ensuring we always deliver an exceptional team-member and client experience. We call it the Aprio Way. This shared mindset creates lasting relationships between team members and with clients.
- A great team: Work with a high-energy, passionate, caring and ambitious team of professionals in a collaborative culture.
- Entrepreneurship : Have the freedom to innovate and bring your ideas to help us grow to become the CPA firm of choice nationally.
- Growth opportunities : Grow professionally in an environment that fosters continuous learning and advancement.
- Competitive compensation : You will be rewarded with competitive compensation, industry-leading benefits and a flexible work environment to enjoy work/life balance.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.