The role of the Supportability Analyst is to delineate the support experience to optimize the client experience, eliminate the need for clients to contact NCR Software Support and make it easy for them when they want to contact Software Support. Supportability Analysts work in partnership with Product Management and the support teams to design holistic support experiences and optimize existing processes. As part of the release process for new products brought to market, as well as existing products, the development of tools to support the offerings and efficiency improvements are taken into account.
Supportability Analysts bring detailed knowledge of, and solutions to, customer problems and opportunities based on both quantitative data and client feedback. The solutions may involve refining existing processes or offerings, designing new processes or offerings or identifying new services and the processes and systems to enable them. They focus both on the quality of the customer experience and the return on investment of proposed changes.
Supportability Analysts are customer advocates, providing VOC feedback while working with product design teams, to influence both the prioritization of what is worked on and insight into how to design the offering to both improve the customer experience and the effectiveness of providing support. As the offering moves to release, Supportability Analysts work with Product Management to understand the offering and to learn and enhance support methods during limited availability roll outs. They also work with support groups to ensure that the systems, processes and tools that enable support delivery are in place and functioning properly prior to release. Once the offering is released, they work with various teams to gather feedback, propose solutions, influence prioritization for improvements, and recommend various training/communication enhancements to create a better customer experience.
The Supportability Analyst assists in the management of critical, complex and escalated issues that have heightened visibility within the company. They may be required to assemble the appropriate resources to ensure timeliness of resolution for these issues. In addition, they act as a key resource for Customer Care in assisting them in resolving client issues which may include coaching, training, and creating or improving knowledge content.
- Creates knowledge content to document previously unknown solutions.
- Acts as a resource to help less experienced staff. Provides training, coaching, and mentoring of Software Support team members at all levels.
- Develops support workflows and training materials for assigned products
- Collaborates with Learning & Development to develop and deliver training that is accurate and contributes to reducing the learning curve. May facilitate training with their support.
- Utilizes product knowledge and trends to understand client needs. Understands the business logic of the offerings and applies this knowledge to proactively optimize the customer experience. Provides better understanding of volumes, trends, customer perspectives and pro-active opportunities to meet business objectives.
- Provides client feedback to stakeholders based on key product service issues, defects, customer usability and design faults.
- Evaluates overall product support effectiveness of internal processes, tools and systems, recommending changes, as appropriate. Leads establishing and implementing continuous improvements in process and business results.
- Manages projects and experiments with the intended result of improving process, client experience or innovation
- Maintains expertise and knowledge in products, services, and systems; leverages this expertise/knowledge when reviewing business processes for accuracy as well as recommending and implementing improvements to processes
- Pilots new tools and new/updated offerings; coordinates with project teams and system developers to share feedback and identify enhanced solutions.
- Participates in projects as a subject matter expert in products/processes supported.
- Works on critical and escalated issues where analysis of situations or data requires review of a variety of factors and judgment to determine appropriate action.
- Partners and collaborates across functional and/or organizational boundaries
- Identifies and troubleshoots more complex problems escalated by the Software Support team, including but not limited to systems or services not performing as designed; determines and rolls out short-term solutions while engaging with other departments to identify and implement long-term solutions.
- Highly organized with attention to quality work
- Effective written and verbal communication with a high degree of technical writing skills to ensure accurate and easy to understand content used by clients and the Customer Care team.
- Communicates effectively and clearly, works well with others and willingly responds to requests for assistance
- Ability to coordinate multiple objectives across a broad spectrum of goals
- Ability to handle high pressure client situations and work multiple escalations
- Able to work with customers to identify and resolve issues quickly and ensures organization addresses issue’s root cause.
- Ability to analyze developments/trends and present the issue to key stakeholders for timely and effective resolution
- Works effectively as part of team, while often working independently and with little direct supervision to accomplish goals and achieve results
- Ability to recognize high-level opportunities for improvement and change
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated teamwork
- Ability to effectively analyze a situation and be able to take appropriate action against it
- Understands company strategy and priorities to contribute to team planning and execution
- 4 year College Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of customer facing experiencing in a SAS environment, extensive experience with digital banking products preferred.
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full Time Employee Benefits Include
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit ncr.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.