ICS SP seeks a professional accounting/CPA firm for the provision of annual external auditing services for the three financial years ending 31st December 2022 to 31st December 2024.
2.0 ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND
We work towards a better future for children. Together with families, communities, and other stakeholders we initiate programmes that create safe and nurturing environments for them. We are looking for individuals with a passion to make a positive difference in the lives of children and young people to join us in our journey of building stronger, capable, and connected families where children are well nurtured and enabled to realize their hopes and aspirations. Visit www.icsafrica-sp.org to know more about us.
3.0 OBJECTIVE OF THE AUDIT
ICS SP conducts its external audit exercise annually. The organization’s financial year runs from1st January to 31st December.
The objectives of the audit are to enable the auditor to express an opinion on the financial statements of ICS SP. The audit will cover all the financial transactions of ICS SP in a given financial year. The ICS SP current annual average expenditure is at KES 180 million only.
The External Auditor shall make observations with respect to the efficiency of the financial procedures, the accounting system, internal financial controls and, in general, the administration and management of the Organization.
4.0 SCOPE OF THE AUDIT
The auditor is expected to:
1. Conduct the institutional audit in accordance with International Standards of Auditing.
2. The audit shall involve performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amounts and disclosures in the financial statements. The procedures selected shall depend on professional judgment, including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement of the financial statements.
3. Evaluating the appropriateness of accounting policies used and the reasonableness of accounting estimates made.
4. Evaluate the overall presentation of the financial statements.
5.0 DURATION OF THE AUDIT
ICS SP rotates its auditors every three years. The appointed auditor shall audit the statements for the year ended 31st December 2022 with possibility of re-appointment for the subsequent two years.
6.0 REPORTING/KEY DELIVERABLES
The key deliverables for the auditor will include the following:
a) Report of the independent auditor as part of the financial statements.
b) Letter for management giving comments and observations on accounting records, procedures, systems and controls that were examined, provide specific deficiencies and areas of weakness in the systems and controls and make recommendations for improvement. The letter should also point out other matters that the auditor considers pertinent.
c) Annual return to be submitted to the Kenya Revenue Authority prior to 30th June.
d) NGO board return to be submitted on or before the 30th of March.
7.0 AUDITOR’S EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Auditor will deploy adequate staff with appropriate professional qualifications and suitable experience with International financial reporting standards, and with experience in auditing the accounts of entities comparable in size and complexity to ICS SP. In addition, the audit team will have:
• Appropriate experience with audits of operations financed by the donors. At least one senior member of the fieldwork team either a manager/supervisor should have such experience.
• Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and rules in Kenya. This includes but not limited to taxation, social security and labour regulations, accounting and reporting, and
• Fluency in English
8.0 TECHNICAL CAPACITY
To submit their Expression of Interest, firms interested should meet the following basic criteria:
• Be registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accounting of Kenya and its partners must hold current practicing certificates.
• Must have at least two partners who are in good standing record with ICPAK and be full time practitioners.
• Should have a high-level understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and the International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and their practical application to financial reporting and auditing.
• Should have been in operation for not less than 7 years.
• Should have at least 3 charity organizations or NGOs references among its client base and be willing to introduce their clients for reference checks
• Should demonstrate experience in auditing donor funded projects
• Can demonstrate capacity to provide efficient external audit services in adherence to agreed timeframes.
• Can demonstrate capability to advice on the improvement of existing and emerging management controls and governance processes.
ICS SP absolute priority is protecting children, vulnerable communities and our own staff. We have zero tolerance of incidents of violence or abuse against children and other people in the communities we serve, either committed by our staff or others connected to our work. Successful applicants will be required to sign and adhere to our safeguarding, child protection and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) code of conduct and policies.
How to apply
Expressions of Interest should be sent by email to [email protected] and referring in the subject line as follows:
Subject: “Provision of Audit services- Name of Company”. The deadline for application submission is Friday 18th November 2022.