Amentum / Macfadden is seeking a PSC Data Analyst to support USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) in Washington, DC or Remote.
USAID’s Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) leads and coordinates the U.S. Government’s humanitarian assistance efforts overseas in response to natural disasters and protracted crises. The bureau also supports early recovery efforts that restore and protect basic systems and services and invests in risk reduction programs that prevent or reduce risks associated with chronic and recurrent hazards. Macfadden serves as an Institutional Support Contractor to USAID, where day-to-day work assignments and oversight are provided by BHA office directors, deputy office directors, or technical leads, with formal supervisory and evaluation functions performed by a Macfadden contract supervisor.
The PSC Data Analyst will:
- Support the PSC (Personal Services Contracts) team and serve in a client services function.
- Ensure data accuracy, timeliness, and curation of data for team, management, and client reports.
- Facilitate data calls, develop new business processes associated with data management, support the institution of new data management protocols, and assist in basic data management tasks (e.g., requirements collection, review of data accuracy, streamlining data collection, etc.).
- Develop an understanding of PSC data management responsibilities, business processes, and technology environment.
- Serve as a primary point of contact to oversee the PSC team’s data collection and management required to inform various client stakeholder groups and systems.
- Implement and maintain the databases, data entry tools, data processing workflows and related processes and technology to ensure the PSC team has high quality data assets to support operations.
- Regularly interface with Macfadden PSC, BHA, and OAA staff as a conduit to ensure their input into the data capture methods are met and/or managed.
- Regularly interface with the client as a conduit to ensure the PSC team’s data capture methods are meeting report requirements and maintaining data sets in a required means for technological interfaces.
- Assist in developing guidance, documenting processes, and implementing the new guidance or documentation across teams, management, and client stakeholders with data management impacts.
- Support internal communications, to include communications across teams and leads where there are impacts on data capture and/or process changes.
- Assist in developing data management plans, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborate and actively participate in ad hoc meetings and working sessions to address current issues, assess root cause, develop solutions, develop associated stakeholder communications, and perform client-facing delivery as it relates to data management.
- Coordinate with functional team members to ensure a thorough understanding of business needs and desired business outcomes are met by the proposed technical solutions.
- Deliver high quality and timely customer service to teammates, leads and client stakeholders.
- Quickly escalate issues, risks, and resolution recommendations to management for review, decision, and action.
- Provide reporting assistance for internal and external support.
- Maintain and internal database that ensures PSC staff are tracked throughout their time with the team while ensuring offboarding is handled appropriately.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a minimum of a Facility Access Clearance (FAC) or Secret Security Clearance issued by the US Government for the duration of your employment on this contract.
- Must have at least 6 years of directly related experience with a Master’s degree, 8 years of directly related experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 10 years of directly related experience without a degree. Additional advanced degrees may be used to replace years of experience.
- Must have 2+ years in a data analyst role.
- 4+ years of database management experience is desired.
- Must have experience supporting teams, managing data from various sources.
- Requires experience providing process improvement or data capture solutions.
- Requires proven customer service and communication skills.
- Must have experience supporting data management projects or initiatives.
- Must have the ability to collaborate across multiple stakeholder groups and within teams.
- Must have demonstrated experience with data cleaning.
- Must be detail-oriented and have a problem-solving mindset.
- Must have at least a basic understanding of project/task management.
- Requires at least a basic understanding of general IT support stakeholders, processes, and expectations.
- Must have at least a basic understanding of data management standards and best practices.
- Requires excellent verbal skills/communication, analytical, facilitation, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Requires the highest standards of accuracy and precision.
- Must be highly organized.
- Requires the ability to think creatively.
- Must be highly driven, and self-motivated.
- Requires familiarity with Google sheets, Excel, pivot tables and/or Tableau.
- Must have experience with data visualization.
- Requires demonstrated experience communicating complex data issues clearly and understandably to people with no statistics or programming background both in writing and verbally.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
How to apply
Follow this link and apply: https://pae.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PAE_MacfaddenCareers/job/US-DC-Washington/PSC-Data-Analyst_R0072452
Closing date: 10/10/2022