Macfadden is seeking a Personal Services Contracts (PSC) Recruiting & Contracts Deputy Manager, in support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). The PSC Recruiting & Contracts Deputy Team Manager is a procurement position and will provide support to the PSC Recruiting & Contracts Manager, Team Leads and Recruitment/Contracts staff. BHA’s PSC Recruiting & Contracts Team manages the PSC pre-award and post-award contracts process, helping USAID/BHA recruit, hire, and contract outstanding experts to perform the challenging mission of responding to diverse types of disasters around the world. USAID/BHA’s talent needs constantly change as new disasters occur. The PSC hiring mechanism allows USAID/BHA to contract with individuals who have the expertise the office needs. The PSC Recruiting & Contracts Team, in accordance with US Government procurement regulations, prepares and posts PSC job solicitations, receives job applications, and assists USAID/BHA throughout the recruitment and contracts process to evaluate, interview and select candidates to be contracted by USAID/BHA under the PSC hiring mechanism.
The PSC Recruiting & Contracts Deputy Manager position is a unique opportunity for candidates seeking a career in procurement and contracting. This position plays a key role throughout the PSC pre-award and post-award contracts process, which is managed in accordance with US Government procurement regulations and the Procurement Integrity Act. The PSC Recruiting & Contracts Deputy Manager reports directly to the PSC Manager and assists with various tasks across the team as outlined below.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education: Master’s Degree with 8 years of experience; BA/BS with 15 years of relevant experience;
less than BA/BS, 20 years of relevant experience.
- At least 8 years or more of US government procurement and/or contracting experience (FAR, ADS and AIDAR), including demonstrated understanding of and experience with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and procedures governing contracting operations
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance. Experience supervising direct reports or working as a Team Lead for at least 2 years
- Experience working with USAID procurement and contracting actions, ideally with Personal Services Contracts (PSCs)
Successful candidates must be reliable, highly organized, motivated, and able to excel in a deadline-oriented work environment. They will have:
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) in English, including but not limited to:
- Taking clear, accurate and comprehensive notes during fast-paced meetings or candidate interviews. Writing business emails.
- Drafting memos, contracts and other documents for review.
- Facilitating dialogue to move processes forward.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Google Applications such as Gmail, Gchat, google calendars, google drive, etc., and internet applications.
- Ability to learn quickly and complete tasks independently and in a timely and efficient manner
- Able to multitask, balancing priorities and communicating with various clients.
- Strong customer service skills and experience with various approaches to problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to interact with a wide range of colleagues throughout the organization, including the most senior levels of USAID/BHA staff.
Produces high-quality, accurate work with extreme attention to detail and minimal errors and is very organized and reliable.
- Able to maintain focus in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a calm, friendly, helpful, and mature attitude while under pressure. Flexibility to shift priorities when needed.
- Ability to build strong relationships with staff, supervisors, manager, and client.
- Possesses effective facilitation skills for guiding recruitment technical evaluation committee meetings.
- Able to work independently and proactively to finds ways to be helpful even when not asked.
- Eager to grow and learn while playing a vital role supporting USAID/BHA’s mission to provide life-saving assistance around the world.
- Serve as Acting PSC Manager, as needed.
- Assist PSC Manager with onboarding and training of new staff.
- Assist PSC Manager with reviewing recruiting/contracts actions and documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Supervise two recruiting and contracts Team Leads that are responsible for all recruitment and contract actions for at least 3 BHA Offices/Divisions
- Ensure strong and timely communication and management of the Team Leads and Portfolio Teams productivity.
- Responsible for oversight and management of the assigned portfolio teams producing and drafting of all recruiting and contracting documents, including solicitations, selection memos and contract documents.
- Understand government regulations and facilitate the USPSC recruitment and contracts process for a portfolio of USPSC recruitments, including serving as a primary point of contact and managing communication with current and potential applicants, agency staff, and the public.
- Provide administrative support when needed from preparing and posting job solicitations, to collecting application materials, facilitating the technical evaluation process, and checking references and academic credentials. Responsible for administrative tasks related to PSC recruiting and contracting including maintaining files, answering contract questions, and reporting on ongoing recruitments and contract processes.
- Performs quality control checks to ensure that all recruiting and contract documents are error-free and accurate.
- Ensures employee and PSC performance evaluations are completed on time.
- Monitors upcoming PSC recruiting and contracting process actions and deadlines and ensures all assigned recruitment and contracts tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Oversees team responsible for producing solicitation numbers and routing contract actions in GLAAS and uploading required contract documents in ASIST.
- Liaises with BHA offices and with the OAA Contracting Officers.
- Responds to BHA and OAA inquiries on PSC recruitment and contract status, progress and issues.
- Provides ad hoc and regular reports to OAA and/or BHA.
- Ensures assigned PSC recruitments and contracts comply with USAID, USG and BHA regulations, laws, standards and procedures.
- Maintains electronic and hard copy files and systems in compliance with USG, Agency, and office standards.
- Proposes ways in which PSC recruiting and contracts can be improved and/or processes can be streamlined.
- Participates in trainings and other opportunities as relevant to the position and role.
- Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: The PSC Recruiting & Contracts Manager must be willing to occasionally work outside of regular office hours as needed to meet deadlines and participate in meetings with those located in different time zones.
This is primarily a sedentary position but performance of the job will require the employee to talk, hear, and use hands to complete tasks. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.