Amentum / PAE / Macfadden, is seeking PSC Recruiter, Mid-Level to support USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) in Washington, DC.
USAID’s Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) leads and coordinates the U.S. Government’s humanitarian assistance efforts overseas in response to natural disasters and protracted crises. The bureau also supports early recovery efforts that restore and protect basic systems and services and invests in risk reduction programs that prevent or reduce risks associated with chronic and recurrent hazards. Macfadden serves as an Institutional Support Contractor to USAID, where day-to-day work assignments and oversight are provided by BHA office directors, deputy office directors, or technical leads, with formal supervisory and evaluation functions performed by a Macfadden contract supervisor.
The PSC Recruiter, Mid-Level will:
- Assist the United States Agency for International Development’s Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (USAID/BHA) throughout the pre-award contract process.
- Perform a range of functions in the pre-award contract process including, but not limited to:
- Serve as the point of contact for all general external communication.
- Facilitate the processes for USAID/BHA to evaluate, interview and select candidates under the PSC hiring mechanism.
- Be assigned primary responsibilities based on demonstrated skills, experience, and workflow requirements, with opportunities for cross-training.
- Prepare, post, and manage solicitations for all PSC positions with USAID.
- Receive, review, respond to, organize, and track a large number of emails and offers submitted on a daily basis by PSC applicants in response to published U.S. Federal Government solicitations.
- Quickly read, comprehend, and analyze numerous documents that are often lengthy and include technical terms and acronyms related to humanitarian and disaster assistance.
- Report directly to the PSC Recruiting Team Lead and/or the PSC Recruiting Deputy Team Lead.
- Manage communication with senior clients, USAID/BHA staff, agency staff, current and potential PSC candidates, and the general public, demonstrating an appropriate sense of urgency when responding to customer requests.
- Prepare and appropriately format all internal documentation related to the pre-award PSC contract process with USAID/BHA.
- Ensure all solicitation, pre-award contract documents, and communications are error free, accurate and in compliance with USAID, U.S. Government, and other regulations, laws, standards, procedures.
- Facilitate the technical evaluation process for a portfolio of USPSC solicitations.
- Schedule interviews and writing tests, and check references and academic credentials.
- Schedule and confirm meeting spaces, conference calls, etc.
- Take accurate and comprehensive meeting notes.
- Monitor and track upcoming actions and deadlines.
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage internal trackers and financial invoices.
- Maintain databases, lists and individual and team calendars.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reports.
- Produce materials for evaluation committee review meetings (e.g., make binders).
- Prepare offeror and selection materials.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files, answering questions for offerors, reporting on ongoing actions and other support as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a minimum of a Facility Access Clearance (FAC) or Secret Security Clearance issued by the US Government for the duration of your employment on this contract.
- Must be willing and able to work outside of regular office hours when needed.
- Must have at least 6 years of directly related experience with a Master’s degree, 8 years of directly related experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 10 years of directly related experience without a degree. Additional advanced degrees may be used to replace years of experience.
- Experience working with USAID or other U.S. Government agencies in procurement and contracting is preferred.
- Experience working within Personal Services Contracts (PSCs) is preferred.
- Requires outstanding writing and editing skills for drafting, finalizing, publishing, and documenting a high volume of written products as part of the PSC pre-award contract process.
- Requires extreme attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, and a highly professional, customer service-oriented approach to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must have outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be reliable, highly organized, and efficient.
- Must be motivated, self-directed, and proactive.
- Must excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment while maintaining a calm, friendly, helpful, and mature attitude while under pressure, flexibility to balance priorities and multitask.
- Requires the ability to complete tasks independently in a timely manner.
- Must have exceptional written communication skills.
- Requires advanced skills with Microsoft Office, (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) email, and internet applications.
- Must have the ability to learn quickly.
- Superior critical thinking skills are required.
- Must have demonstrated professional experience, skills, and ability to interact with a wide range of colleagues throughout the organization, including the most senior levels of USAID.
- Requires familiarity with U.S. Government procurement and contracting processes.
- Must be eager to learn and grow.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.