The purpose of the Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Project Manager position is to implement delegated ICLA project portfolio.
What you will do
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and ICLA strategies as well as initiate and participate in the development of relevant ICLA projects.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Coordinate and manage ICLA project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements while delivering high technical quality projects.
- Develop and manage project budgets (in cooperation with APM, and ICLA Specialists) and provide regular progress reports to the Area Program Manager (APM) and the ICLA Specialist.
- Develop and deliver capacity building trainings for humanitarian partners, local authorities and displaced community leaders on Registration Civil Documents (RCD), Housing, Land and Property (HLP), Collaborative Dispute Resolution (CDR), Displacement Women Housing and Land and Property Rights (DWHLPR) and contribute to the registration of the same.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders as well as regularly attend relevant Protection Cluster meetings in Anbar/Baghdad to represent and position ICLA.
- Promote the rights of Internally Displaced Persons ( IDPs)/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy and mobilize and coordinate humanitarian response by Protection actors to risk or threats of eviction and forced evictions.
- Develop and ensure implementation of ICLA case management and Monitoring &Evaluation tools.
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of technical assistance materials on Registration Civil Documents/Housing Land Property rights topics for Protection & other actors.
- Actively promote synergies between NRC’s ICLA & other Core Competence (CC) projects
- Regularly gather information on relevant laws, policies, and practices operative in Anbar, and ensure ICLA teams and humanitarian partners have access to such information.
- Line management and capacity building of project staff to ensure transfer of key skills.
Professional Competencies & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a management level project implementation position within a humanitarian/recovery context with ICLA technical expertise or knowledge and experience either in legal Practice/Protection/Advocacy with Project Management expertise
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts and hard to reach areas
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile, team management skills and ability to work independently
- Good communication skills with good proficiency in English, both written and verbal
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
What We Offer
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
We offer an opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and a chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take initiative.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve, and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
Duty Station: Baghdad, Iraq
Duration of contract: 12 months, full-time, in accordance with local labour laws.
Grade 8 in NRC’s grading structure
Travel: 50 % to Ramadi (Anbar Governorate)
Reporting line: Programme Manager, Iraq
For further details on the position you can view a copy of the job description here
How to apply
Note: This position is open to National candidates only
We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates and encourage you to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.