Danish Refugee Council
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified professional to work in operations of DRC program in Central Greece as Recreational Space for Children (RSC) Assistant.
About the job
Under the overall management of the Urban Manager and under supervision and direct management of the Integration Learning Center (ILC) Team Leader with technical guidance from Senior Educators, the RSC Assistant will be responsible for preparing and implementing recreational activities for children according to their needs and based on DRC Greece operations.
- Implement non-formal education activities for toddlers (2-3), pre-school children (4-5), school-aged children (6-15) and youth (16-17) as per DRC Greece operations
- Implement psychosocial activities for children tailored to their needs and contribute to the development of a child friendly space curriculum.
- Design and implement recreational activities for targeted children (large events or small groups).
- Implement effective classroom management techniques to support children develop independence and the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Collaborate with DRC Greece cultural mediators and other staff members to design and implement educational and life skills activities tailored to the needs of the children.
- Promote empathy, compassion and respect for the gender, ethnic, religious, cultural, and learning diversity of students
- Communicate with children in a protective manner ensuring the respect of their rights.
- Create a positive and trustful atmosphere while interacting with children and parents encouraging them to express their needs and ensuring their feeling of safety.
- Ensure that a child is always not alone in the learning space.
- Identify and provide materials required for activities preferred by children, in coordination with relevant departments and procurement procedures.
- Ensure that relevant project data and Means of Verification (e.g. attendance lists, registration forms, lesson plans) are accurately collected
Reporting and Education Information Management:
- Ensure that relevant project data and Means of Verification (e.g. attendance lists, registration forms, activity plans) are accurately collected
- Monitor and record students’ attendance and progression, noting any areas for concern to the Team Leader
- Regularly monitor the progress of non-formal education activities against project plans and timelines.
- Take an integral part in DRC Greece programs improvement plans and ways of working , through identification and communication of challenges, gaps, recommendations for improvements and lessons learnt.
- In collaboration with the Education Team, ILC Team Leader Team Leader and the Senior Educator, contribute to the development and design of DRC’s education program and activities.
- In day-to-day tasks ensure relevant accountability to internal DRC and Donor policies
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Educator and/or Urban Manager relevant to the achievement of DRC Greece operational objectives.
To be successful in the role we expect you to possess the following:
- University degree in early childhood development, education or related filed is required.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Greek skills are required.
- At least 2 years of experience in education is required.
- Computer skills are required
- A valid driving license would be an advantage
- Prior experience with non-Greek speaking children and adolescents is an asset.
- Effective classroom management skills.
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered as a strong advantage.
- High professional ethics.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Designation of Duty Station- Location: Central Greece-Thessaly Region-Roving
- Band: I
- All allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus)
- DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
How to apply
Are you interested? Then apply for this position on-line: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/currentvacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
Closing date for applications: 13.10.2022
DRC reserves the right to close the vacancy once a suitable candidate is identified. For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.