For our new Regional Hub Latin America, located in Ecuador, the Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. International Assistance, is looking for a
Regional Hub Lead Latin America (f/m/d)
1 Year Contract (with possible extension)
Organisation Description: Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. (www.thejohanniter.org) is a German Christian non-governmental organisation, dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service programmes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarter is in Berlin, Germany. Johanniter International Assistance is the operational unit for humanitarian aid, development co-operation and emergency relief, implementing and supporting projects in Health, Nutrition, WASH as well as Food Security & Income Generation worldwide.
Responding to fast-paced changes in the international aid fabric, JIA decided to establish a regional Hub Model in order to closely connect programme support and quality to programmes and operations on the ground. The Hub Model aims to shift responsibility from the Head Office to the Hub with increased responsibilities to deliver on the overall Johanniter 2027 Strategy. This strategy aims very much at increased decision-making, accountability at country, regional level and takes steps to move the organisation forward on the global localisation agenda. We are looking for a leader, who can help shift paradigms on how JIA works in both local and regional contexts as well as develops strong regional links and networks leading to strategic resource mobilisation.
Are you this person?
Overall Job Purpose
You will be accountable for the continuous review of and delivery on the Johanniter Regional LA Strategy within the framework of the Johanniter 2027 Strategy.
You will also hold overall regional accountability on policies and procedures, legal matters and internal control systems.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for the management of the LA Regional Hub, regional programmes including management of a regional budget and regional representation. Other key areas of responsibility include networking with regional actors, agencies, as well as the development of a regional programme funding strategy and ensuring resource mobilisation for the region. The Regional Hub Lead also holds the line management of the respective Country Managers connected to the Hub.
What you will do:
- Accountable for effective and efficient implementation of the regional strategy focusing on planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Responsible for the overall programme quality in the region and particular for regional programmes
- Proactively follow trends and developments in the region and consider these for further
- development of the regional strategy and programmes
- Line management of a small regional team and the respective Country Managers (at the moment a total of six)
What you bring:
- At least 10 years of experience in a humanitarian and development context, minimum of 5 years in a leadership position
- Context related work experience in disaster response and humanitarian- and development cooperation programmes – including in working with volunteer staff in disaster response; ideally also in working with partner organisations
- Proven record of developing and successfully implementing regional programmes, funding strategies and key networking management
- Very good knowledge of current debates and trends in the sector, including those of relevant donors (AA, BMZ, ECHO, UN, USAID, NORAD, SIDA, FCDO)
- Relevant experience in external representation and networking at senior level and on the ground, in networks, clusters, towards donors and other governmental institutions
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement and develop new ways of working
- Highly developed relationship building, influencing, negotiating and interpersonal skills
What we offer:
Remuneration: 65.000-69.000€/annum gross (Johanniter AVR DWBO Annex Johanniter internal tariff and relevant previous experience).
Benefits: Social security, 30 days annual leave and more (depending on your type of employment)
How to apply
If this is what you are looking for, please submit your application via [email protected] (cover letter, CV,
reference contacts of 3 former supervisors, job certificates if available), stating your earliest start date and Please indicate “Hub Lead Latin America” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Deadline for applications:25thof October 2022
Interviews planned for: 31stof October – 04th of November 2022
Johanniter is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, irrespective of cultural, religious, social background, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Please note that this position is unaccompanied.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please note Johanniter requires background checks (incl. criminal record and reference checks) to protect the vulnerable and prevent abuse.