Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity International is seeking to hire an experienced and professional Regional Program Design Manager. Habitat for Humanity is building a new programmatic identity based on our Theory of Change and greater collaboration as we work towards one integrated Habitat network. This role is part of the effort to integrate the Theory of Change (ToC), regional strategy and program framework into network strategies, programs, proposals, and projects.
* Facilitate and contribute to scoping, capture, and proposal development for FOI donors.
* Facilitate proposal and project design process, partnering with SMEs, National Program Managers and National organization (NO) leaders, as required.
* Facilitate/support connection and negotiation with potential partners.
* With the support of Change Management Specialist, develop a plan to facilitate the application of the Theory of Change, new program areas and regional strategy.
* Preparation, review, and distribution of ToC, Program areas and regional strategy communications materials in coordination with MEAL and communication team.
* Coordinate program design concepts on overall approach and content with internal and network communications team.
* Develop a strategy to position ToC, regional strategy, and new program areas at different levels of the organization, in coordination with Change Management Specialist.
* Develops the learning agenda for business development capacity building, including internal debriefings and process improvement, and serves as a mentor to staff on program design best practices aligned to ToC and institutional donor interest.
* Collection and promotion of feedback from network membership on progress and direction of program design developments.
* Supports broader capacity development activities around ToC, program design and proposal process management organization-wide.
* Master’s degree in Social Science, Business Management or International Relations.
* Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in Theory of Change, Program Design, Program Operations, MEAL, or related field.
* Experience in proposal and project development with Foundations, Organizations, and Institutional (FOI) donors such as USAID, EU, IDB, OCHA (Budget: more than 500K).
* Willingness to participate in global meetings (most often coordination calls take place between 7-11AM EST).
* Strong operational knowledge of O365 Suite.
* Experience as lead facilitator and knowledge management.
* Active support of HFHI Values:
– Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves
– Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular
– Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission
– Safeguarding: HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
* Familiarity with systems thinking principles in management.
* Previous experience with Habitat for Humanity International or a member of Habitat’s affiliated network preferred.
* Experience in social housing programs and policies.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and understand issues, root causes and opportunities from disparate sets of information and provide clear conclusions and guidance.
* Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels.