Scope of Work
Research and grants officer
Position: Research and grants officer
**Reports to:**Research manager
Location: Fully remote, with preference for any of: Lagos (Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya), Cape Town (South Africa), Rio (Brazil) or Mexico City.
Posted Date: ASAP
The adoption of blockchain technology is paving the way for innovative solutions to fundamental societal challenges. Blockchain initiatives can strengthen digital identities, improve value chains, reduce fraudulent elections, combat corruption, and preserve land and medical records, among other use cases.
The GeoAnalytics Center seeks to achieve social impact by implementing blockchain solutions in Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria, Brazil, and Mexico. We believe local players with deep societal understanding are well positioned to use this technology to build positive, viable, effective, and sustainable solutions. We partner with international blockchain organizations to gain valuable support and expertise for maximizing on-the-ground success.
The role of Research and grants officer will have an essential role in managing strategic initiatives and driving research, as well as participating in business development. The position holder will work in close collaboration with a fellow research officer and will be guided by the research manager. The ideal candidate will have two to five years of experience in development programming or research, private markets development, or startups in emerging markets.
- The role takes responsibility for research on the social impact of blockchain projects in our five target countries and grant writing and management. The officer will have responsibility for proposal writing and application to international organizations and donors in the development sector.
- The officer is the primary writer of quantitative and qualitative research outputs.
- Maintain relationships with startups in our target countries and mentor them during their prototyping and implementation phases in close collaboration with large blockchain enterprises.
- Engage in ecosystems to identify new opportunities and potential partnerships.
- Prepare materials for company outreach.
- A University degree, a relevant postgraduate degree is an advantage.
- 2+ years in the development sector. Experience within private sector development or startups in emerging markets is an advantage.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Advanced training in research methodology, a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods is a very strong advantage.
- Fluency in Spanish, Swahili, Portuguese or other languages is an advantage.
- Competency in R is a very strong advantage.
- Competency in other programming languages is an advantage.
Time Allocation and Parameters
- A three-month trial period applies to the position, followed by a performance review and discussion of the next steps.
- Full-time position.
- The selected candidate will enter a consultancy agreement.
At the GeoAnalytics Center, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. the GeoAnalytics Center recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
the GeoAnalytics Center has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the company, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates must adhere to Impact Plus’ policies and procedures through a signed agreement.
How to apply
How to apply
Please email [email protected] with your CV and a single-authored writing sample, such as a research paper. Quantitative samples will be given preference. Applications are considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. For any questions, please contact [email protected]
*Closing date: 25-Oct-22