ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Internews Network is an international media development organization, whose mission is to give people a voice and the information to empower communities. To support the implementation of a project in Southeast Asia, Internews is seeking a Research and Learning Specialist. The Research and Learning Specialist will strengthen the project’s research and learning efforts, approaches and systems to foster key program learning and support the project’s overall Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning to achieve the project objectives. As this project has a research component as a program activity, Research and Learning Specialist will be working closely with the Program/technical team as well as with the MEL team to ensure research utilization is maximized.
This is a remote-based position. Our ideal candidate is based in Southeast Asia candidates; candidates based elsewhere will also be considered. Please note that there are some locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a part-time, limited term position with an anticipated Level of Effort of 50% and an expected end date in August 2024. There is the possibility of an extension and/or increase in Level of Effort (up to 100%), contingent upon receipt of funding.”
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people . Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Provide support and guidance on the research and learning functions and strategy for the project.
- Provide support and advise to the MEL Team in leading, design and implementation of research and learning system for the partners and grantees.
- Establish and facilitate learning sessions for Internews and partners and lead the overall learning process through capturing, storing, and sharing with concerned.
- Track progress or lessons learned of activities implemented by Internews, subcontractors and grantees and produce Impact reports to ensure timely reporting of project impacts in monthly, quarterly and six-monthly reports.
- Ensure that learning is accessed and used as an integral part of program implementation including specifically in the application of research findings by the project and its partners.
- Work closely with the technical, operations and relevant teams as needed to promote learning in programming, ensure quality and adaptation.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
- Act as focal point for relevant research and learning activities undertaken by Internews, subcontractors and grantees.
- Provide technical advice for research grant development and management under the Flexible Research Fund.
- Work with Deputy Chief of Party, the technical team and implementing partners to identify, plan and manage research and learning activities and ensure key learnings are captured, documented, and shared.
- Participate in regular planning, grant development and coordination meetings internally as well as with project partners and grantees.
- Guide and supervise the routines in the management of research and learning activities.
- Produce case studies, best practices, and lessons learned for internal and external use.
- Other activities as assigned by the MEL Director.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A University degree in a relevant field (social science, research, development economics, or a related field); a technical degree with additional relevant work experience may substitute for education.
- A minimum of five years of work experience in Research and Learning. Media research and/or MEL experience preferred.
- Experience of working on USG-funded projects and familiarity with Internews reporting requirements preferred.
- Substantial prior experience in research and learning management and report writing.
- Technical skills in setting up quality Learning and Research management database/processes.
- Proficiency and experience with data collection software or systems (Microsoft Excel, SPSS, STATA, or similar) is vital.
- Proven ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and informal, methods together with presentation and reporting skills, a strong asset.
- Self-motivated, with good organizational and planning skills and proven ability to prioritize work and multi-task.
How to apply
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.
Deadline: 10 Apr 2023