Conflict Management Consulting
5 October, 2022
1. THE COMPANY
Conflict Management Consulting (CMC) provides services in Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), research and technical assistance in fragile, conflict and post-conflict areas. We work for international organisations, governments and civil society, deploying multi-national and highly specialised teams of experts. Our in-house staff and global network of consultants have provided services to clients in the thematic fields of stabilisation, peacebuilding, migration, humanitarian action and governance, focusing on the humanitarian-development nexus, as well as expertise on violent extremism (VE).
2. THE JOB
CMC is currently looking to recruit a Senior Analyst, especially for its MENA and Africa region portfolios.
As Senior Analyst, you will be undertaking a number of tasks, including:
- Work with international and local partners in targeted countries;
- Producing high quality methodologies, by ensuring readability, consistency, conciseness, and accuracy;
- Researching data and information for the preparation of specific parts of methodologies;
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection;
- Contribute to data analysis and report drafting.
4. QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate will cover all or most of the below criteria:
- Relevant Master’s degree in the social sciences or economics;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in our field of work;
- Familiarity with the procurement mechanisms of any main international donor;
- Proficiency in MS Office and especially MS Word;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English;
- Detail-oriented, able to work under pressure and against tight deadlines;
- Well-informed about global political and social relations and developments, and with a good understanding of the major actors in international conflict and development;
- Outstanding personal and professional skills, dutiful and thorough and communicate well.
- At least two years of experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative research in fields including: security, peacebuilding and conflict management, migration; experience in monitoring and evaluation assignments would be considered an asset;
- Experience with data collection and visualization tools;
- Proven experience with data sets, data manipulation and analysis;
- Experience conducting in-depth data cleaning and analyses using traditional and advanced methods, running key statistics and analysis as directed by the senior members of the team;
- Aggregate and transform data to meet the needs of efficient data analysis and reporting;
- Experience in writing proposals for international donors.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- The position is fulltime and home-based
- The start date is as soon as possible and when we have identified a suitable candidate
- There will be a three-months’ probation period
- You will have 24 vacation days per year in addition to national holidays
- On a normal work day, you will speak with CMC’s heads of regions (one of them will be identified as your line manager), CMC’s Director and the project implementation teams to discuss, update and coordinate work.
5. WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
Working for CMC provides an excellent career opportunity. You will be part of a global and growing team, and you will be on a steep learning curve, expanding your thematic and technical skills, as well as gaining experience with a large variety of national and international clients. CMC is to a large degree driven by our shared commitment to doing interesting and important work. Your skills, experience and interests will be a significant factor in CMC’s decisions on what framework contracts and partnerships to focus on. We offer a competitive salary. Pending performance, there will be opportunities for promotion and management tasks.
Interviews will take place on rolling basis and we might close the selection before the deadline, so we encourage applicants to send their applications as soon as possible before the deadline.
How to apply
If all or most of the above apply to you, please send an application by Thursday, 20th October 2022, through our “Work with us” section, by visiting https://cmcconsulting.altamiraweb.com/.
Please include the following:
- A one-page cover letter;
- Three examples of written output in English that you have produced, such as methodologies, reports, papers, articles and other types of research studies;
- A CV (any format) including two professional references which CMC could possibly contact.
*Closing date: 20-Oct-22