MSI Reproductive Choices
MSI Reproductive Choices is one of the world’s leading providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare. We believe that everyone should have the right to choose. From contraception to safe abortion and life-saving post-abortion care, we are committed to delivering compassionate, affordable, high-quality services for all.
Today, our organisation has over 9,000 team members working in 37 countries across the world. Our success lies in the fact that MSI teams are locally led, entrepreneurial and results-driven, and are passionate about delivering high quality, client-centered care in their own communities. As a social business, we focus on sustainable delivery, efficiency, and funding models that are built to last, so that the women and girls we serve today will have a choice in the future too.
We know that access to reproductive choice is life changing. For some, it can mean the ability to complete an education or start a career. For others, it means being able to look after the family they already have. For everyone, it means the freedom to decide their own future, creating a fairer, more equal world.
About the Role
The Senior Policy Engagement & Ethics Advisor role supports the effective implementation of MSI’s Safeguarding, Anti-Fraud and Bribery (incorporating Conflicts of Interests and Gifts), Data-Privacy and Anti-Modern Slavery work across the MSI Partnership. This includes designing and delivering effective behaviour change programmes promoting an in-depth understanding of the conduct expected of team members, creating a supportive organisational culture which values team member feedback, and quickly responds to concerns raised. The Senior Policy Engagement & Ethics Advisor will also be responsible for monitoring programmes and reporting on compliance in line with policy and donor expectations.
The post holder will be supported by, and manage, the Compliance Advisor and reports into the Director of Legal, Safeguarding and Donor Compliance.
We recruit talented, dynamic people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all united by a belief in our mission and a focus on delivering measurable results. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a fully inclusive workplace, where everyone feels able to participate and contribute meaningfully. You must be open-minded, curious, resilient, and solutions-oriented, and committed to promoting equality, and safeguarding the welfare of team members and clients alike.
To succeed in this role, the following experience is essential / desirable:
- Designing and delivering effective face-to-face and remote learning programmes and behaviour change initiatives (essential)
- Developing and implementing policies and guidance (essential)
- Incident investigation, documentation, and reporting (desirable)
- Familiarity with the Core Subjects or policy areas referenced above (desirable)
- Line manager responsibilities (desirable)
- Effectively managing stakeholder needs and expectations (essential)
- Managing a significant cross departmental and/or international workload which involves the need to prioritise, plan, collaborate etc (desirable)
Please note no formal experience in safeguarding, anti-fraud and bribery, data privacy and anti-modern slavery is required, though it is desirable
To succeed this role, it is essential that you have the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communicator: ability to convey concepts and influence behaviour in plain English to non-technical audiences
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- A people centred approach and passion for working on people focused behaviour change initiatives
- Strong people skills: ability to build and manage relationships with other stakeholders quickly and effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, recognising when to escalate issues and respond to urgent issues
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with ability to think laterally when confronted with problems
- Excellent report and policy writing skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and with cross-department stakeholders to deliver on projects
- No formal education / qualification requirements
For this role, we’re looking for an individual who is:
- An energetic and motivational trainer with an ability to influence
- Pro-active and dedicated to improving all aspects of how LSDC’s behaviour change programmes are implemented and managed
- Approachable and empathetic listener
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus, coupled with cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Resilient, flexible and thrives in fast-paced, dynamic environments’
- Ability to prioritise tasks rapidly and effectively
- High levels of integrity and a strong ethical sense
- Able to learn new technical subjects and implement them in an organised and relatable manner such that they create lasting impact
- Happy to do the required advice and administration inherent in the role
- Pro choice
For more information about the role, please view the job framework on our website.
Location: London Support Office (hybrid working)
Full-time: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday (UK contracted hours)
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £39,700 – £46,500 per annum + discretionary bonus + benefits.
Closing date: 18th October 2022 (midnight GMT+1). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
How to apply
Please apply directly on our website at https://careers.msichoices.org/vacancyinformation.aspx?vguid=14e5bf91-f0af-4bc0-b405-75e8210299bf
Closing date: 18-Oct-22