1. Reporting Line:
The Supply Chain Coordinator reports to the Head of Procurement Section.
2. Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To streamline the Mission supply chain policy and manage supply chain associated risks while ensuring timely and quality coordination with the budget owners and project managers;
· To support the program managers in planning of procurement action and overseeing the overall implementation of the budget;
· To keep the project managers in all supply chain related activities, including preparation of project documentation and contract management;
· To support project managers in monitoring and assessment of supplier performance;
· To assist in the development of standard operating procedures on the supply chain function and deliver trainings for their effective implementation throughout the Mission;
· To prepare and submit activity reports as required;
· To develop and maintain the Mission Supplier Database and Procurement webpage, conduct market researches and surveys, identify potentially suitable operators that have the interest and capacity to satisfy the Mission needs, act as the main Mission contact point for potential suppliers.
3. General Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To identify and report on lessons learned and best practices within the respective area of responsibility;
· To contribute and ensure timely reporting on activities within the respective area of responsibility;
· To take account of gender equality and human rights aspects in the execution of tasks;
· To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Manager(s).
4. Essential Qualifications and Experience:
· Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the first cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent and attested police or/and military education or training or an award of an equivalent rank; AND
· A minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience, after having fulfilled the education requirements.
5. Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Practical knowledge of the procurement principles and frameworks;
· Ability to understand and apply the mechanisms governing the procurement action;
· Working computer skills, including ability to operate proficiently Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook;
· Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
· Impeccable professional behaviour, flexibility in responding to needs, problem solving and proactive attitude, orientation towards the outcome while ensuring compliance with the established process.
6. Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· Degree or certificate in management/business or public administration/law/procurement/supply chain or other related field;
· Experience in planning and implementing projects and programmes;
· Experience in financial management of tendering processes and audits, preferably including EU procedures;
· Knowledge of current technologies used for Procurement such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System.
· International experience, particularly in crisis areas with multinational and international organisations;
· The qualification should be in the field of in Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Finance, Administration or related studies;
· The experience should be in the field of supply chain coordination, procurement and purchasing, and/or contract management;
· Gained experience with international or governmental organisations on procurement or financial regulations and policies.
7. Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of supply chain issues in field operations;
· Understanding of EU procurement policies, practices and procedures, in particular PRAG and Financial Regulation.
How to apply
THIS ADVERTISEMENT IS FOR EU CITIZENS ONLY:
- You have the nationality of an EU Member State: You must use Goalkeeper to apply:
a) You are already registered on Goalkeeper AND you have an EU Login:
b) You do not have a Goalkeeper account or an EU Login:
- You do not have the nationality of an EU Member State:
only seconded nationals of a non-EU Contributing Third State can be proposed by their National Seconding Authority (no personal applications will be considered): please contact your
seconding authority to send them your application form.
Please note: Seconded positions are only available for candidates already validated in
the database of their Seconding Authority. Please contact your national Seconding
Authority for more information on applying for vacant Seconded positions. We cannot
provide contact details of national Seconding Authorities.
General Information on working in a CSDP Mission: