The purpose of this pipeline post is to identify ready to acquire talents for our Supply Chain Team.
The Supply Chain Coordinator position is responsible for the management and delivery of effective and timely supply chain support to the Turkey Country Office in compliance with Save the Children and donor regulations. Working under overall supervision of Programme Operations Manager, the Supply Chain Coordinator will be responsible for procurement, transport, warehousing, inventory and asset management. The post holder will also ensure that appropriate capacity building is provided to the field supply chain team and partner organizations.
Note: In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Relevant university degree and a minimum of three years of prior experience in procurement and supply chain management, either from humanitarian sector with complex or large scale country programmes, or from private sector that has supply chain operation country wide and internationally.
- Ability to travel to various locations in Turkey (sometimes can be with a short notice), using various means of transport, and be very mobile with short stops in each location.
- Deep understanding on implementation of procurement procedures, regulations, and best practices.
- Good understanding on Turkey markets country wide, delivery routings, and customs/importation regulations.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills including influencing in English and Turkish, with experience in working with multicultural teams
- Ability to organize workshops and trainings for external parties, organization representation, and excellent negotiation skills.
- Experience in managing and supervising others in relevant department.
- Ability to develop and review various procurement documents, this includes tendering and contract documents.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- High computer literacy, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High integrity personality.
Position holder will be based in Istanbul, therefore legal right to work in Turkey is necessary at the time of application.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2luYW4uMzM1MjEuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t