Intership | 6 months | December 2022
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED Tajikistan is committed to supporting sustainable and inclusive development in the country for over 20 years, working with the most vulnerable communities including women, disadvantaged youth and rural populations. With a coordination office in the capital Dushanbe and operational offices in Khujand, Murgab and Ayni, the NGO works to prevent natural disasters and support local civil society, and also contributes to the promotion of culture and heritage through the Bactria Cultural Centre.
You will be in charge of
The Project Development Volunteer (PDV) ensures proper grant management by developing qualitative project progress reports in compliance with donors’ rules. The PDI facilitates smooth internal communication and coordination with relevant departments and contributes to ACTED external communication strategy. The PDI contributes to fundraising efforts by participating in the development of project proposals in line with ACTED’s global and in-country programme strategy.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations, Development or Political Science;
- Previous related work experience, with knowledge of proposal writing and reporting;
- Familiarity with the project cycle;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to manage multiple tasks;
- Good team spirit and ability to work with diverse profiles.
- 300 USD per month living allowance
- Coverage of all accommodation, guesthouse, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg
- The provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email ([email protected]), including the reference: PDV/TAJ
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.