Medical Teams International
The Talent Acquisition Manager plays a crucial role in implementing a wholistic people-centered focus to the way in which all people join Medical Teams. Partnering with client groups in support of achieving strategic business objectives through recruiting staff and volunteers, as well as other key personnel, the Manager will drive new ways of working for recruiting and long-term sourcing. This work will be done under the leadership of the Senior Director, Human Resources, and through managing a team of Recruiters and Recruitment Coordinators. Specific initiatives this role will lead the team through are developing tools for workforce planning, development of long-term partnerships, creation of an employee value proposition and employment brand, as well as timely and effective recruitment of staff, volunteer and other personnel needs.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support in the development of a global and integrated talent acquisition strategy to ensure the right talent is recruited to vacancies at Medical Teams.
- Design strategic and scalable recruiting and retention initiatives in alignment with organizational strategic objectives
- Lead in developing recruitment metrics that support the organization’s direction and goals on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Provide leadership, training and coaching of recruitment personnel, including learning and reflection post-recruitment, to ensure positive candidate experience.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives within recruiting and within cross-functional and partner business groups.
- Develop recruitment-focused indicators and dashboard to measure efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop external partnerships with colleges, professional groups and industry associations to fill vacancies and promote Medical Teams International.
- Collaborate on design and implementation of employer branding initiatives.
- Provide leadership in the development of recruitment-related policies, processes, practices and programs to support and foster building and retaining a high performing global organization.
- Manage a team of direct and in-direct reports (globally located).
- Ensure policy and procedures, such as, screening and interviewing standards are rigorous and transparent in the evaluation of candidates and utilized consistently across all recruitment portfolios.
- Facilitate and manage institutional sourcing networks and partnering arrangements to broaden the organizations response capability and reduce lead times in relief situations.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process of organizational leaders, as required.
- Plan events for department.
- Ensure the safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams’ Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection, and Harassment-Free Workplace policies.
- Utilize volunteers whenever possible.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a strategic recruitment function.
- Experience managing a globally dispersed team.
- Experience and aptitude in using metrics, dashboard, and talent analytics.
- Experience developing and implementing talent acquisition strategies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Knowledge of recruitment strategies, workforce planning, strategic talent sourcing, and talent strategy development.
- Moderately skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook email and Calendaring.
- Results oriented and self-starter who enjoys a challenge and is dedicated to getting things done.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and project management skills with ability to perform at all levels in areas of responsibility.
- Strategic thinking and decision-making capabilities
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills who inspires confidence and builds relationship with all levels in the organization.
- Strong influence, partnership, and relationship building skills, with a customer-focus.
- Skilled at building and maintaining a high functioning, high performing work team.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to deploy into emergency response or global program, as needed (up to 3 weeks at a time, for no longer than 10% of annual work time)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent use of a personal computer, database and digital platforms, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Frequently uses hands, fingers, and arms to reach, handle, touch or feel equipment, medical instruments, materials, computer.
- Frequent communication and exchange of information among colleagues and persons of concern which requires the ability to speak, hear, convey and express oneself.
- Frequent close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, steps, or ladder
- Occasionally move about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, meet with colleagues, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Seldom to occasionally positions self to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme hot or cold weather, and very basic living conditions.
How to apply
Click HERE to apply on our website!
If the link above doesn’t load, please see all our current openings at medicalteams.org/career/
Closing date: 9/22/2022