Medical Teams International
The HR Specialist contributes to the calling of Medical Teams International by playing a crucial role in the oversight and execution of the HR Operations administration functions. This role will partner and drive on the design and implementation of several key HR initiatives that will focus on establishing and maintaining key HR processes for onboarding & offboarding, open enrollment, performance management, as well as oversight and improvement of our HR technology platform. A major goal of this work is to establish and ensure consistency around HR standards and best practices. This role will also be primarily responsible for US benefits administration and general HR compliance.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees execution of human resources administrative tasks including onboarding, offboarding, performance management, payroll, benefits, and leaves of absence.
- Plans and leads new hire orientation sessions and ensures employees are well informed of human resource policies and benefits and are appropriately trained in Paycom to enhance the employee experience.
- Plans and leads organization through benefits open enrollment process.
- Serve as prime owner of employee data in HRIS Systems, managing data flow between the systems and ensuring the accuracy of all employee data and records as dictated by regulatory agencies and policies.
- Collaborates with the Manager, HR Operations and Business Partnering to support employee engagement, including the collection of new hire information and exit survey data to improve employee engagement throughout the company.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to HR Coordinator and staff regarding payroll concerns, benefits, company policies, and other employee-related matters.
- Assists with recordkeeping and reporting related to hiring, termination, leave, transfer, and promotion, and diversity initiatives.
- Conducts surveys, interviews, and other research related to human resource policies, compensation, collects information and reports results to Manager HR Ops or Human Resources Director.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of trends, best practices, and laws and regulations related to EEO, affirmative action, wage and hour, benefits, leave administration, performance management, payroll, HRIS, and human resources.
- Contribute to and/or lead HR projects and tasks as assigned by the HR Business Partner Manager. May serve in lead role to other HR staff for HR projects and/or responsibilities, as assigned.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years professional HR experience.
- 2 years professional office administration experience.
- Experience living and communicating cross-culturally in a relief/development setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Effective HR administration skills.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- High level of organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of HR metrics and analytics.
- Customer focus orientation.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail able to keep accurate records.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools such as Teams.
- Ability to exercise considerable initiative to plan, organize, and follow through to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to plan, organize, and follow through on tasks independently.
- Ability to consistently communicate professionally and effectively with all constituents.
- Skilled with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Teams.
- Familiar with HRIS such as Paycom and Unit 4.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent use of a personal computer, database and digital platforms, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Frequently uses hands, fingers, and arms to reach, handle, touch or feel equipment, medical instruments, materials, computer.
- Frequent communication and exchange of information among colleagues and persons of concern which requires the ability to speak, hear, convey and express oneself.
- Frequent close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, steps, or ladder
- Occasionally move about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, meet with colleagues, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Seldom to occasionally positions self to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- If in travel status, occasional to frequent traversing over rough or steep terrain in either a motor vehicle or on foot.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme weather, and very basic living conditions.
How to apply
Click HERE to apply on our website!
If the link above doesn’t load, please see all our current openings at medicalteams.org/career/
Closing date: 10/3/2022