Simprints is a nonprofit tech company with a mission to radically increase transparency and effectiveness in global development. We build ethical, inclusive digital ID powered by biometrics to ensure that every vaccine, every dollar, and every public good reaches the people who need them most. Simprints partners with organizations like Gavi to boost immunization rates in developing countries, Ministries of Health like Ghana on pandemic response, and NGOs like BRAC to deliver maternal healthcare. Studies have shown Simprints increases impact through real-time, precision data, for example increasing maternal health visits by 38% in Bangladesh or accurate HIV tracing by 62% in Malawi. Today we’ve worked in over 17 countries helping deliver health, aid, and finance to >2.3M people.
About the Role
We are looking for a Product Owner to join our growing tech team, shaping the direction of the Simprints platform. You will work in an agile, collaborative team with a commitment to clean code and robust design, along with a strong culture of continuous learning and improvement. If building technology for global health sounds exciting, we want to meet you!
This is a remote job, we like collaboration and speak to each other several times a day – between 10am and 3pm UK time. To keep the collaborative team spirit we are looking for colleagues in GMT -2/+3 – or colleagues who are able to relocate. For the time being, we will only be considering applicants within these parameters.
At Simprints, we want everyone to feel ownership of the tasks they are working on, starting from your first day. Within the first month, we’ll get you access to all of our systems, and you will be writing and accepting user stories for our products in no time. By your third month, you will be comfortable running the team processes, breaking down epics into user stories with the team, and will have a good understanding of how our products are used. In six months, you will lead with a high degree of autonomy in gathering requirements and solution design for our roadmap and projects.
- Define robust requirements to improve the quality of output for the engineers in your team
- Prioritise the work of the engineering team by managing features and bugs in the product backlog
- Ensure our task management platform (Jira) contains accurate and detailed information about the tasks and their statuses
- Ensure our product documentation is accurate and up to date
- Align commercial demand, engineering, and design to develop the product roadmap and our overarching biometric strategy
- Define, analyse and communicate product metrics to guide new features and enhancements
- Run the team ceremonies
- Suggest and implement improvements in the way we build our products
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years experience as a product owner in an agile environment
- Experience managing technical products
- Experience synthesising user pain points (whether through direct customer interactions or data analysis) into clear, actionable prioritizations and feature improvements
- Proficiency with an issue tracking tool (e.g. JIRA, YouTrack)
- Ability to communicate effectively across many levels, building strong interpersonal relationships with engineers, designers, operational managers, and external stakeholders
- Open source experience highly advantageous
- Curious, mission-driven, collaborative
How to apply
Please apply here
*Closing date: 23-Oct-22