Fixed term contract: 1 year
Reports to: Transformation Performance & Evaluation Manager
Closing Date: 6 October 2022
HelpAge seeks an Officer to support our monitoring, evaluation, and learning practice. Specifically, the Officer will support the introduction, roll out, transition to, and application of the new HelpAge EDS. The Officer will be the point persons for capacity building, technical support, and troubleshooting with both global and country teams.
The Transformation Digital MIS Officer will support the launching the new HelpAge EDS, management and tracking of data from offline to online, as well as providing capacity building and continual technical support to the HelpAge global and country teams to create a culture change for data use within the organization. S/he will ensure project compliance with HelpAge data management guidelines and will also support in narrative reporting.
As a Transformation Digital MIS Officer, you will.
- Work with the DevResults focal person to finalize the configuration and, implementation of the system, and improvement of the software.
- Coordinate and deliver the roll out, management, and ongoing support of HelpAge EDS software, developing policies and procedures, manuals and guides, and training modules
- Assist the Transformation team in ensuring clear data entry into the online system by global and country staff,
- Provide training for HelpAge staff and any relevant person on the software’s use and on accurate data entry.
- Create, update, and deliver training curricula for global and country staff
- Develop and promote linkages to enable countries, projects and staff to learn from one another, discuss common challenges, seek/offer assistance, and share best practices.
- Configure the activities/projects and link them to the indicators
- Support teams to develop bespoke dashboards and reporting formats that create value for the team
- Prepare charts/graphs/data tables on the dashboard to aid in internal and external reporting, including connections with the Results Framework
- Experience of developing/working with organisational MEAL systems
- Understanding of supporting transition to online software systems, experience of DevResults is essential.
- Expertise in data management, analysis and reporting requirements within the INGO sector.
- Understanding of developing training materials, and experience in providing systems training and guidance for a wide variety of contexts and skill levels.
- Project management experience strongly preferred
- Three years of experience in supporting international development projects preferred
- Knowledge of current MEL, organizational learning, and impact assessment trends and resources
- Experience holding lead roles on teams, undertaking complex technical and new business assignments, and managing special projects
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated leadership skills, and ability to take initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
At HelpAge International we work hard to achieve our goals together as a team with a clear shared purpose. Our values inform how we work together:
We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
We value and recognise the contribution of our staff and network members, as we put older people at the center of everything we do.
We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions.
Everyone who works at HelpAge share our values and are committed to behaviors that demonstrate and support them.
Everyone has a role in creating and sustaining a safe and respectful working environment, where no one comes to any harm or is maltreated. At HelpAge we take our responsibilities very seriously and will take action against wrongdoing. We will do everything we can to ensure that we do not engage people that pose a safeguarding risk and will undertake criminal record checks as required.
HelpAge International is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Important Message: Please ensure that you remove personal information including your date of birth, age, gender and marital status from your CV. Please do not include any photographs.
How to apply
For detailed job description and apply to this job, please visit HelpAge International’s website: https://www.helpage.org/who-we-are/jobs/transformation-digital-mis-officer/
Closing date: 6-Oct-22