Organisation of Educational Cooperation
The OEC: The Organisation of Educational Cooperation (OEC) is an international intergovernmental organisation, founded in January 2020 by countries from across the Global South, to “contribute to the equitable, just, and prosperous social transformation of societies by promoting balanced and inclusive education, in order to attain the fundamental rights to liberty, justice, dignity, sustainability, social cohesion, and material and immaterial security for the peoples of the world”.
The main functions of the Department of Administration (ADMIN) are to:
a. Oversee the rational administration of the budget in accordance with accounting and transparency norms;
b. Provide information and communications technologies to the Secretariat, with the corresponding technical support;
c. Ensure the timeliness and quality of general services and procurement;
d. Oversee the day-to-day functional operations and security of the Headquarters.
Under-Secretary-General for Administration
Headquarters (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
Category and Level
M2, Step I (senior-level management)
Under the authority and direct supervision of the Secretary-General, the Under-Secretary-General (USG) for ADMIN is responsible for the overall management, supervision, and administration of the Department and the administrative, operational, and budgetary support of the Organisation. This position provides the unique opportunity of joining the senior management team of a new international organisation, contributing to its lasting construction and influencing its future trajectory.
- Advise and support the Secretary-General on policies and strategy related to administration;
- Oversee and manage the Department’s staff and effective coordination amongst its sections;
- Ensure the Department’s responsibilities are executed in a timely fashion, in close coordination with other Departments;
- Prepare reports for the Secretary-General and for presentation to the General Assembly and Council of Member States;
- Oversee the tasks necessary for the functioning of the Department, including preparation of budgets, assigning and monitoring of performance parameters, critical indicators, and reporting on budget performance;
- Oversee the general maintenance and security of the Headquarters;
- Develop and implement relevant procurement and other policies;
- Perform other duties as requested by the Secretary-General.
- Demonstrated professional competence and expertise;
- Strong proven experience of liaising with suppliers;
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and cross-cultural communication skills with a proven track record;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong methodical and strategic thinking skills and ability to develop long-term strategies;
- Ability to operate sensitively and effectively in a multicultural environment and deal with cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Ability to withstand and work effectively in stressful situations.
- At least 12 years of working experience in administration, financial management, procurement or other related fields;
- At least 3 years of work experience in a management role within an international and/or regional organisation;
- Master’s degree (or higher) in Business or Public Administration, Management, Account or other related fields.
Candidate must at least be fluent in English and additional knowledge of one or more other official languages (French, Arabic, Spanish) is an asset.
How to apply
This position is open to international applicants. All applications must be sent to [email protected] and must include:
- Subject line: “ADMIN USG – Application”
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Motivation
- Any other relevant information