Vita is a visionary NGO working in East Africa with ambitions to transition away from traditional grant models to sustainable funding through a proven social impact model called the Vita Green Impact Fund.
You can learn more about us at www.VitaImpact.org
We are looking to recruit an experienced business professional with some exposure to international development to manage the Green Impact Fund low-carbon investment programme in Africa. This role will suit a professional project manager with experience in engineering, financial or commercial disciplines, and who also has international development and/or business experience. Salary is very competitive and commensurate with applicant’s profile. This is an excellent career development opportunity.
Reporting to the Head of Programmes, the Green Impact Fund Project Manager will have responsibility for Vita’s project development and related carbon accreditation, focused initially on Ethiopia and Eritrea with a third country likely within three years. The role involves the full cycle of project management including funding, disbursement and financial reporting, project delivery, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and learning. The position is full-time Dublin -based with hybrid working options available.
- To agree annual targets, milestones and budgets with the Director of the Vita Green Impact Fund
- To plan, coordinate and manage all in-country project implementation within budget
- To ensure compliance with all in-country project agreements, as well as carbon accreditation procedures
- To coordinate with the Green Impact Fund in engagement with carbon accreditation agencies and intermediary agents
- To report quarterly to the Green Impact Fund on project performance, financial results, and carbon accreditation
- To produce annual reports for GIF detailing financial, environmental, and social results
- To visit the programme countries to support the set-up, implementation, supervision, and control of all aspects of project development
Experience and Competencies
Ideally you will be passionate about climate change with more than a passing interest in development. Detail-oriented, creative and a self -starter, this role offers autonomy, a chance to work in a new and fascinating discipline and the opportunity to travel.
- Considerable project management experience and acumen
- Understanding of supply chain management, logistics, payment systems
- Knowledge of voluntary carbon accreditation (preferable but not a barrier)
- Solid financial and commercial report-writing and literacy
- Experience working in developing country an advantage but not essential
- Proven teamwork and leadership skills as well as excellent communications skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple partners & partnerships across a range of disciplines
How to apply
Learn more about the role here: https://vitaimpact.org/2022/06/09/vita-is-looking-for-a-gif-project-manager/
CV and cover letter please by Sunday 02 October to [email protected]