The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
ISGlobal is associate research institute to two main universities in Spain, the Universitat de Barcelona and the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, and in collaboration with these two universities organises and coordinates postgraduate (PhD, master and courses) on Global Health and related topics.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is seeking an Academic Coordinator who is interested in taking over and managing activities of the Education & Training Department. The overall goal is to coordinate academic programmes, courses, and other education & training activities (workshops, seminars, etc.) and contribute to the strategy development and other activities of ISGlobal E&T department.
- Any discipline within the context of Global Health, Global Public Health, International Health
#GlobalHealth, Global Public Health, International Health
Training and experience /Qualifications
Master degree relevant to the position.
PhD degree relevant to the position.
Experience leading, developing and/or coordinating academic programmes in global health or international health or international public health or related fields.
Experience as researcher in global health or international health or international public health or related fields
Experience in management of postgraduate academic programmes
Experience in educational coordination activities with faculty and students
Experience in face-to-face, online or blended education programmes
- Skills in coordinating postgraduate students
- Skills in coordinating faculty
- Skills in leadership and management
- Skills in team work
- Coordination of postgraduate programmes, courses and other E&T activities in Global Health
- Participate in the full cycle of development and delivery of our Global Health programmes/courses, face-to-face, online or blended
- Coordinate master and diploma programmes, and short courses in Global Health
- Coordinate faculty (internal and external) in those programmes and courses
- Coordinate with students registered in those programmes and courses
- Participate in recruiting and selection processes of students
- Problem resolution.
- Learning capacity.
- Work under pressure
- English, proficiency level
- Spanish, proficiency level
- Catalan, will be valued
- French, will be valued
- Portuguese, will be valued
- Others will be valued
- Starting date: April –May 2022
- Contract: Full time, possibility of part time if compatible with a research position or academic university position
- Salary Range: To be discussed depending on the profile of selected candidate
During the crisis caused by COVID19, standard working conditions will be adapted to sanitary requirements.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Coor_EducationTraining_Feb22, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 12nd April, 2022
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.