Position: Appraisal, Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
Department: Project Implementation
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract (11 months with possibility of extension)
Salary Range: UGX 1.8 – 2.5 Million Gross Pay Per Month
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination.
ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED now operates in 38 countries worldwide. ACTED sectors of intervention include emergency relief, food security, health promotion, economic development, education & training, microfinance, local governance & institutional support, and cultural promotion. For more information, please visit our website at www.acted.org
The Uganda ACTED mission is looking for a proficient, curious, self-driven and highly proactive person to fill the position of Appraisal, Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant based in Nakapiripirit, Uganda.
The Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will support the ACTED Uganda Office in developing and implementing appropriate and viable appraisal, monitoring and evaluation systems that are in line with the ACTED’s global AME procedures.
- Support the implementation of solid AME systems and mechanisms that are in line with the global AME procedures and deliver effective research/outputs so to inform timely decision making and the adoption of sound corrective measures.
- Ensure lessons learnt and best practices are discoursed and documented.
- Contribute to the effective functioning of beneficiary complaints and response mechanism and enhance the trust and confidence of beneficiaries, identify areas of our work which need to be improved and ensure that ACTED learns from the feedback provided through this process.
Under the authority of:
- Project Manager
- Area Coordinators
- Project Managers/Officers
- FLATS Team
- Database Managers/Officers/ Accountability Officers
- Project Development Manager/Officers
- Implementing partners
- External monitors/evaluators
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Systems
1.1. Technical and Systems Development
- Contribute to the development and updating of the country AME strategy, the consolidated AME work plan and AME frameworks for all ongoing projects;
- Support the AME Manager to implement the AME policies and procedures as described in the ACTED AME standard guidelines and make sure that the tools are followed as applicable;
- Contribute to an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed.
1.2. AME Implementation and Management
- Support the development of ToRs and mission plans for assessments, monitoring and evaluations (baselines, mid-terms, endlines);
- Assist in the development of appropriate data collection and analysis instruments, methodologies (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key-informant interviews) and data/information dissemination/utilization plans;
- Assist with data collection activities and ensure that data collection teams are organized and resourced as needed, and that they deliver as per field mission plans and according to data quality standards;
- Maintain electronic and/or paper-based MIS systems for tracking and reporting all quantitative data and information including reporting on ACTED’s 16 global strategic program indicators;
- Assist in the analysis of AME data and help produce reports, factsheets with useful statistical analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots) as necessary in a timely manner;
- Contribute to proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through AME activities among Project Managers, Technical Coordinators and Project Development Officers;
- Contribute to organizing and facilitating learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learnt when a project closes or as required;
- Document and share the lessons learnt and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of projects and influence the strategic development of future projects and activities;
- Support project implementation and improvement by providing timely information around project successes to be scaled up as well as challenges to allow ‘course correction’ throughout life of the program.
3. Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism
- Contribute to the implementation of the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country mission in line with ACTED standard beneficiary CRM procedures;
- Contribute to the proper management of the project CRM central database.
4. Protection Mainstreaming:
- Promote and adhere to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy and Guidelines during activity implementation
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Participate in AME-related conferences and workshops when possible and stay up to date with best practices and new knowledge created in the field of AME;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Required job qualifications, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics or closely related to field
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar field; experience with humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- Strong statistical analysis and IT skills, including use of Databases, SPSS, Stata, and Excel for data analysis.
- Knowledge in designing and deployment of mobile-based data collection tools (ODK) is an added advantage.
- Proficient understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation, including the ability to work effectively with tight timelines, high quality standards, and demanding, potentially overlapping priorities.
- Experience of social research methods to conduct monitoring and evaluation for humanitarian and development initiatives/interventions.
- Good English communications skills (both oral and written).
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
How to apply
Only Uganda Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications to [email protected] with the subject line: APPLICATION FOR APPRAISAL, MONITORING & EVALUATION ASSISTANT– UGANDA not later than 30/05/2022 11:59pm accompanied with:
- Curriculum Vitae (Maximum 03 Pages)
- Cover Letter (Maximum 01 Page)
Cover Letter and CV must be shared as a single PDF document i.e with the Cover Letter being on the first page and CV starting on the next page, detailing 03 work referees and their day time contacts. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your application. If required they will be requested at a later stage.
Applications failing to respect the criteria above will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Review of Applications and Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right to hire before the deadline.
- ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent(s) in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer