FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 seeks qualified applicants for a Social and Behavior Change (SBC) Technical Advisor to support an upcoming opportunity in Pakistan. The Technical Advisor will provide technical direction based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence-based SBC methods, sciences, and strategies, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design, build SBC capacity among project partners and stakeholders; provide guidance to ensure that SBC program implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines and that program activities are technically sound; support assessments and evaluations of SBC activities. The Technical Advisor will also be responsible for managing a team of SBC staff and will report to the project Chief of Party.
· Provide on-the-ground technical and operational oversight to project activities.
· Lead design, implementation and quality assurance of SBC activities, drawing on FHI 360 expertise and experience.
· Develop tools for the design and implementation of specific SBC technical components; ensure project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategies and remains technically sound.
· Review, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of SBC activities and make recommendations for improvement.
· Ensure that SBC strategies and implementation align with technical standards/best practices.
· Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) team to establish indicators for SBC and monitor/assess implementation performance according to those indicators.
· Synthesize SBC lessons learned, accomplishments, and challenges and disseminate nationally and globally.
· Provide global scientific leadership by staying current of evolving SBC technical standards, guidelines, and program developments.
· Represent FHI 360 at professional meetings and conferences, organize scientific events and grow FHI 360’s reputation as a thought leader in SBC in Pakistan.
· Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences, Communications, Education, International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
· 12+ years of relevant experience in providing technical assistance to SBC projects and/or programs.
· Understanding of SBC strategies, methods and tools, ideally as applied to maternal, neonatal, child and adolescent health, including reproductive health and family planning.
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate and maintain effective relationships with multiple stakeholders from government, non-government, private sector and community levels.
· Knowledge and experience in working with USAID programming preferred.
· Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English; Native fluency in Urdu.
· Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by June 4th 2022.