- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of Position
- CTG is looking for qualified staff as per TOR below
- Will test, install, monitor & control, real time troubleshooting for AM / FM / SW radio & VHF / UHF television broadcasting equipment & transmitters & associated link equipment. The duties of the staff would include but not be limited to:
- Check that all the broadcasting equipment is in safe working order.
- Install, repairs broadcasting & link transmitters.
- Advise clients on the best broadcasting equipment to use.
- Repair faulty broadcasting equipment.
- Order parts, equipment, checks & install them on arrival.
- Train clients to use the broadcasting equipment.
- Install & maintain satellite equipment for program distribution.
- Write reports on jobs at their completion.
- Keep up with latest technical developments & changes.
- Provides technical supervision of the high frequency side of radio – TV studio operations.
- Requires knowledge of applicable test instruments namely deviation monitor, spectrum analyser, power meters, data comms test set, etc.
- Report to the line manager
- Must have provided must have at least 5 years working experience working on this type of equipment & have appropriate technical college certificate.
- Fluency in English, both written & oral is required.
- This role has no team management responsibility
- Qualified female candidate are encourage to apply