BRAC is an international development organisation founded in Bangladesh that partners with over 100 million people living with inequality and poverty globally to create sustainable opportunities to realise potential. Working at BRAC is not like any other job. It is a platform where you can bring about real change for people who need it the most. We are not just dreaming of a better world; we are building it. Join us to find the way.
The BRAC Humanitarian Crisis Management Programme (HCMP) team is one of the largest in Cox’s Bazar, working in 11 sectors and working groups, covering 34 camps, and host communities. HCMP has over 2,400 staff and around 8,000 volunteers providing essential services from primary health care and nutrition, learning, skill development and psychosocial counselling, to WASH, shelters and community gardens. We provide site management support in 07 camps, where we support the government-appointed Camp-in-Charge in administering and coordinating services.
Strategic planning and overall management:
- Provide leadership, clear vision and direction to SMSD sector
- Efficient and proper management of resources including financial, human and project assets
- Develop, update SMSD strategy and socialize among SMSD staff and HCMP in general
- Procurement, hiring and staff performance management
- Prepare work plan and set objectives of SMSD so as to ensure well-defined and smooth functioning of regular and time specific HR tasks.
- Coach, train and mentor staffs with the aim of strengthening their capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance**.**
Oversee implementation and monitoring of sectoral activities:
- Oversee overall project cycle management process of planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Prepare, tracked, monitor and reviewed budgets regularly
- Ensure effective contribution in budget management and tracking, monitoring programme budget as per JRP budget/ plan
- Share monitoring findings regularly
Quality and accountability:
- Ensure compliance with BRAC and donor rules and regulations
- Lead to prepare and submission of report to BRAC and donor
- Ensure proper utilization of donor budget and resources
- Develop and implement M&E system for SMSD
- Implement sphere standards and other relevant humanitarian principles
- Review project on regular basis
Stakeholders coordination, networking, advocacy:
- Participate in ISCG and UNHCR coordination meetings
- Facilitate Camp level coordination between CIC and sector partner organization
- Conduct capacity building for staff and camp level actors
- Contribute to overall advocacy strategies
Fund raising, proposal development and reporting:
- Participate in the PPA finalization process
- Ensure preparation and submission of necessary reports to UNHCR and BRAC
Safety & Safeguarding:
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Bachelors from any reputed University. Candidates having graduation/ post-graduation on international affairs, international development, Humanitarian programme will get preference
Minimum 5 years of experience in the relevant field. Candidates having previous international experience or previous experience in camp management is preferable.
Additional Job Requirements:
- General technical knowledge of camp management, building community resilience, protection of civilians, human rights, health programming, WASH or education
- Familiarity with UN and multilateral donors; Previous work experience with UNHCR a plus
- Demonstrated of protection, community resilience or social accountability models of governance, refugee issues, human rights – technical knowledge in any or all of these sectors is an advantage
- Strong diplomacy and proactive problem-solving skills required
- Experience in logistics, planning, procurement and management of field operations
- Excellent analytical/ problem-solving skills and detail-orientation
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
How to apply
You may send your updated CV to [email protected] mentioning the name of the position “Coordinator, Site Management and Site Development; Humanitarian Crisis Management Programme” in the subject line
Deadline: 26 Mar 2023