Christian Blind Mission
CBM (registered as CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V.) is an international development organisation committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the persons communities of the world. Based on our Christian values and more than 100 years of professional expertise, we address poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability. We work in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
To keep pace with growth, we are looking forward to recruiting a Global Technical Lead Inclusive Social Protection.
This is a full-time position to be based in one of our permanent established CBM entities. Local contractual terms of the respective country apply. An expatriation is not intended.
These are your responsibilities
- Act as global technical lead and provide technical leadership in disability inclusive social protection for the entire organisation
- Conceptualise and continuously update CBM’s engagement in the area of social protection: Develop and roll out technical guidance accordingly
- Build capacities in disability inclusive social protection with CBM country teams and partners, including contextualisation within CBM’s strategic focus on Community Support Services and Systems
- Represent CBM in relevant global fora and engage with multilateral agencies and government stakeholders on making social protection schemes inclusive of persons with disabilities
- Line manage and support CBM’s Global Accessibility Advisor (solid line) as well as CBM’s Social Protection Programme Officers (dotted line)
- Engage in relevant technical conversations with institutional donors and their agencies, and support the design and implementation of relevant programmes
- Support advocacy messaging on Disability Inclusive Social Protection
These are your qualifications
- Minimum Master’s degree in social sciences, or law, economics, international development, or another related field.
- Minimum Professional experience of ten (10) years in international NGOs and/or multilateral or government agencies, with a proven track record and relevant networks in the field of inclusive social protection.
- Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and official representation, particularly with government and other relevant stakeholders in the field of social protection.
- Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation of international development programmes.
- Experience of developing rights-based programmes and working with marginalised and vulnerable groups
- Person with lived experience of disability advantageous Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills and teamwork
- English (Professional Proficiency)
- French, Spanish, German, other language (Advantageous)
- Proficient in MS Office
What we offer
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in the world’s leading organisation in the field of Disability Inclusive Development
- A fair salary and other social benefits based on the local conditions in the country you apply for
- An approachable, agile organisation with self-reliant people in a diverse and collegial team and great team spirit
How to apply
Please apply exclusively online via our applicant portal (see APPLY NOW).
A letter of motivation, CV and relevant (work) references complete your application.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Your contact person: Herr Adrián Recio Oviedo , linkedin.com/in/adrianreciooviedo
We would like to further promote diversity in our teams and therefore welcome applications from people of different ethnic and social backgrounds, religions and world views, different ages and genders, and especially from people with disabilities.
*Suitability is decisive, gender is irrelevant!
Deadline: 5 Apr 2023