Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As a global organization, that has grown significantly in size over the past decade, CRS is now comprised of almost 7,000 people from over 100 countries who collaborate to catalyze transformational change. Four Strategic Approaches that will enable the agency to achieve the Vision 2030 Strategy have been identified. One key Strategic Approach is to build a more agile, innovative, and impactful organization.
The Director, Workforce Planning sets vision, develops programs and drives learning outcomes based on an informed, integrated, and strategic approach to workforce planning across the agency. This leader is responsible for agency-wide capability and competency models, designing talent management processes and tools, and supporting HR partners in implementing workforce planning and talent initiatives on a global scale. The leader is responsible for the development and implementation of an agency-wide workforce planning and talent strategy to develop capabilities that support region and division objectives today and for the future. The Director, Workforce Planning is responsible for building a team ensuring that they operate in collaboration with Finance and the business to identify needs, design and run processes and use analytical tools to diagnose opportunities and deploy solutions. Reporting to the Director, Organization Development, Global People Resources (GPR), the Director, Workforce Planning is a strategic partner for CRS executive leadership, advising on Workforce Planning and Talent initiatives.
Role and key responsibilities
- Lead the development and execution of an agency-wide Workforce Planning process that is informed by talent assessments, talent mapping, succession planning and future workforce needs
- Work with leaders across the agency to help analyze their current workforce capacities and needs and to develop and implement programs that are relevant, timely and data-driven
- Lead and support organizational succession planning to ensure the organization has a pipeline of diverse ready-now talent for key roles across divisions and regions
- Design, launch, measure and sustain learning initiatives (programs, curriculum, paths) based on identified gaps
- Work with leaders to assess their team effectiveness and help identify resources and programs to help them prepare for and manage change effectively
- Support leaders in understanding their workforce metrics and setting workforce targets
- Develop standards, processes, policies, tools, and programs for meeting short term talent needs (1-3 years) by business function and location in collaboration with business planning
- Strategize, plan, and execute initiatives as it relates to organization’s employee headcount growth globally, leaning heavily on the analytics and tooling arms of in People Analytics
- Interface with Leaders in Finance, Talent Acquisition, Business Technology, and Business Leaders to manage the iterative workforce data.
- Translate workforce data into useful insights to advise talent strategies / recommendations to HR and Business leadership
- Partner with HR & Finance to further develop the approach and timeline for implementing long-range workforce planning
- Cultivate, own, and influence stakeholder partnership that support talent people development and career growth
- Effectively monitor and manage workforce planning team budget budgets
- Monitor and share trends and best practices in workforce planning with GPR leadership and executive leadership teams
- Partner with GPR Leadership and Centers of Expertise (CoE) to align workforce planning initiatives with GPR and agency strategy
- Identify and manage workforce planning KPIs and metrics that help assess the impact and effectiveness of programs and initiatives
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to apply
Closing date: 9/15/2022