Job Title: Information Management Officer Based in Turkey
Effective date: April 01,2023
Job Code: TR01
MedGlobal is a global humanitarian non-profit organization providing medical and health education services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health professionals of diverse backgrounds.
Please explain the purpose and/or role in full detail.
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects the profession’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust, and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers’ coordinators, and directors to guide their practice and conduct.
The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal
has the following responsibilities and duties:
The Information Management Officer is responsible for the following:
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) officer in developing systems for screening and selecting beneficiaries, including assisting in the design of relevant tools when necessary.
- Oversee systems to maintain beneficiary records for all projects in a functional database system.
- Oversee the data collection on the progress of the project’s inputs, outputs and indicators, and updates the databases.
- Support the development process for beneficiary databases.
- Maintain and further develop the structure or format of the database/s as required, incorporating suggestions and amendments from MedGlobal team members, under the M&E Officer guidance.
- Maintain and gather project statistics regarding the number and beneficiary profiles, type and quantity of assistance provided, and any other quantitative and qualitative information required by the program.
- Follow up on the required reports from donors and ensure that their monthly reports are sent.
- Ensuring data entry on the DHIS platform and submitting 4Ws reports.
- Receiving data on a monthly basis from MedGlobal centers and making sure to review and verify it and remove incorrect data.
- Provide monthly and quarterly updates to the M&E Officer of the Indicator Tracking Table.
- Work with other members of the MedGlobal team to design relevant monitoring forms and conduct training for staff on the correct use of such forms.
- Ensure accurate and consistent entry of data received from field staff and partner/s into database/s
- Maintenance of the MS Access/Excel database/s and other/s as required
- Oversee and Manage the M&E systems.
- Develop the M&E systems and solutions as needed by using the programming languages.
- Assist the M&E Officer in developing systems for screening and selecting beneficiaries, including assisting in the design of relevant tools when necessary.
- Coordinate with partner’s team and other MedGlobal staff to provide timely inputs for monthly and quarterly progress reports and any other required reports.
- Develop monthly reports on MedGlobal activities using mapping and dynamic designs.
- Assist the M&E Officer in responding to requests from management and/or donors regarding the status of programs/activities and/or other issues.
- Assist the M&E Officer in performing data analysis and producing statistical and graphic reports.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements and Skills:
Information Management Officer should have the following skills, education, and experience:
Education and Training:
- A university degree in development, programming, public relations/communications or other relevant field, or a combination of experience and education working in this sector.
- Experience in programming Microsoft Excel and Access Databases. Experience in other programming software is desirable.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in the M&E and information management role.
- Minimum 2 years of significant experience analyzing data, service mapping and producing reports.
- Experience in different types of databases and programming platforms.
- Past work with international NGOs programs will be preferred.
- Ability to design the structure of the database and write interfaces
- Analytical and reporting skills.
- Experience in the mapping of project activities using online mapping tools such as google map.
- Strong organizational and team working skills.
- Experience in data visualization Software.
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Integrity, transparency, and strong work ethic.
- Advanced Excel, Access, web content management, data visualization tools and other similar applications;
- Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic. Turkish is desirable.
How to apply
Interested candidates may apply through the above link:
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Deadline: 17 Mar 2023