Médecins Sans Frontières en Suisse
Internships at MSF are part of an intra- or extra-academic course, or according to federal professional integration measures lien Etat de Genève : engager un-e stagiaire. A tripartite internship agreement is mandatory.
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent medical and humanitarian organization that provides care to populations in need, to people affected by natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and regardless of their race, religion, belief or political affiliation (MSF Charter).
The L&D Unit Intern provides organizational, administrative and communication support to the unit. The Intern will learn and support the team in the organisation and the deployment of learning activities. In addition to the recurrent tasks, the Intern will lead specific dossiers or projects notably related to communication during the period of employment.
The internship can be part of an academic course (‘cursus intra-ou extra academique’) or a federal program on professional integration. For this reason, placements as Intern require a 3-party convention with the institute concerned.
Tasks and responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Intern are split as follow: 50% of time dedicated to communication, 50% of time dedicated to organizational and Administrative Support. Under the supervision of the Head of L&D the Intern supports the unit as follows:
Organisational & administrative support (50%)
The intern will learn office processes through supporting the current administration team in the following tasks. The person will have the opportunity to contribute to improvements in administrative ways of working in a dynamic, internationally dispersed unit comprising of around 40 people.
- Supports the unit in the organization of meetings (i.e. the different weekly meeting or specific pillar meeting) including the preparation of agendas, taking minutes, the archiving of meeting documentation and follow up.
- Supports the unit in the management of information, is the focal point for the online knowledge management platforms such as Kompas and Share Point and manages the key tools for the organization of the unit
- Supports the preparation of documents and Presentations for either internal or external use.
- Provides support material ordering (specific, pedagogical or generic such as stationary)
- Provides support to the team to edit and follow up of contracts (team and providers), forms (IT, recruitment forms, etc.) and partnership agreements
- Provide support in the organization of recruitment & Administrative HR follow-up
- Ensures the updating of the international staff tracking table (HR Update) in the HR Database (D635)
- Organizes briefings/debriefings and onboarding
- Follows up on other specific HR procedures as needed
- Learn and support teams in the organisation and deployment of learning actions such as virtual classes support or face to face.
Support internal & external unit communication (50%)
- Learn to support, maintain, and develop the different online communication tools and channels (i.e. Learning offer, activity report, newsletters)
- Update and maintain tags and search bar to improve learners’ access to the different training offerings.
- Edit and update specific communication tools
- Propose and implement specific communication actions
- Have a tripartite internship agreement
- Degree in communication, Humanitarian or Development Studies, social studies, Organisation’s Management, or other relevant degree
- Strong interest in the humanitarian aid sector
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken), any other languages are a plus
- Team player; ability to coordinate with numerous stakeholders;
- Ability to work autonomously
- Pro-active and solution-oriented
- Flexible and capacity to adapt quickly
- Knowledge of graphic editing tools
- Knowledge of digital communication tools
- Planning and organization
- Excellent knowledge of the MO environment (Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
Terms of employment
- A tripartite internship agreement is mandatory
- 6 months, or according to internship agreement
- Full time (40h/week)
- Based in Geneva
- Start date: December 1st, 2022
- Gross monthly remuneration: CHF 2’000.-
How to apply
Please send a CV (2 pages maximum) and a cover letter (1 page maximum).
Closing date for applications: October 30th, 2022.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.