A major player in the social and solidarity economy, the French Red Cross runs a network of more than 600 establishments and services in the health, medico-social and training sectors.
It also runs 12 regional health and social training institutes.
As a member of the world’s largest humanitarian network, the French Red Cross employs more than 17,000 people who, through more than 70 professions, put their professionalism at the service of the most vulnerable in medical-educational institutes, day-care centres, retirement homes, functional rehabilitation centres, emergency accommodation centres, training centres, international missions, etc.
Since the start of the conflict, more than 6 million people have fled Ukraine to other countries, while a further estimated 7 million are internally displaced. This level of displacement and disruption has an effect not only on the refugees and IDPs, but also on the host communities and systems called upon to absorb them. With the humanitarian situation in Ukraine deteriorating rapidly, the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement has activated all its emergency response mechanisms and has launched a global multiyear plan to support the Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS). In coordination with the ICRC, the IFRC and the Partner National Societies present in the country, French Red Cross is opening a delegation in Kiev in order to support more specifically the URCS in the development of its First Aid Department as well as in its Health Activities.
In the context of the opening of the mission in Ukraine, and under the supervision of the Head of Delegation, the logistics coordinator will be in charge especially of (non-exhaustive list):
● Supervise the installation of FRC delegation
● Set up and ensure all the logistics department of FRC delegation.
● Coordination of supply operations (planning, coordination of teams (headquarters and/or field),
consulting support on purchases)
● Support operations and coordination of transportation (selection of means of transportation, drafting administrative documents, liaison with suppliers etc.)
● Planning of logistics activities (country action plan, follow-up and support of logistics teams)
● Represent FRC in all logistics platforms and meetings
● Coordination within the RCRC Movement (IFRC, ICRC, NS, PNS…) and with other humanitarian actors
● Relationship with safety managers of other Red Cross entities;
● Support the Head of delegation with the security coordination
HIERARCHICAL AND FUNCTIONAL LINKS
The Logistics Coordinator works under the responsibility of the Head of Delegation Collaborates internally with: the logistics – purchasing department at headquarters and other HQ departments.
Educational background and experiences:
● Generalist educational background: master in logistics, supply chain management,…
● Minimum 5 years of experience in emergency humanitarian context
● Minimum 3 years of experience in team management
● Prior experience and knowledge in contracts, purchasing and supply chain management is highly desirable
● Proper knowledge of CRF and RCRC Movement would be an asset
● Strong communication, analysis and reporting skills
● Knowledge of logistics procedure
● Strong organizational capacities
● English mandatory (oral and written); any other language of the region would be an asset
● Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
● Proactivity and flexibility
● Autonomy and sense of team working
Join us !
You would like to join a large association that works daily with vulnerable people!
You are looking for meaning and wish to develop yourself within a company that is committed to its values.
You attach importance to the principles and values defended and carried by the French Red Cross (Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity, Universality).
Then join us !
Start date October 2022
Job location Ukraine