Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
The Constituent Leadership Manager will oversee Mission and Mobilization’s (M2) development of the theory of change as it relates to the movement-building constituent pipeline and constituent leadership development framework. The Manager will ensure that our constituent leadership development framework establishes criteria for all stages of partner and volunteer engagement and across all audience segments, identifies support activities such as training, rewards, recognition, and experienti al learning opportunities throughout, and the system by which partners and volunteers can be supported to reach ever-increasing and ever more impactful advocacy and fundraising outcomes.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Champion, and as deemed necessary support, while ensuring team adherence to, the establishment of the constituent leadership development theory of change across all audience segments as the foundation for the training, rewards, recognition, and experiential learning offerings, utilizing Gateway/Salesforce data primarily
- Oversee, and as deemed necessary support, while ensuring team adherence to, the development of bi-lingual and bi-cultural (Spanish and English) training and experiential learning curricula based on the constituent leadership development theory of change for all audience segments, utilizing Gateway/Salesforce data primarily
- Oversee, and as deemed necessary support, the development of the rewards and recognition initiatives across all audience segments to support partner and volunteer motivation, inspiration, and encouragement for greater engagement
- Collaborate closely with the Chapter-building and Training team manager to ensure alignment between theory of change, curricula, and their implementation. Ensures openness and readiness to work in collaboration between teams in close consultation and agreement with the Team Director to effectively reach teams and divisional goals.
- Consults closely with the Team Director and implements plans and activities as approved by the Director.
- Manage the design of medium and long-term goals for the team. Ensure the team coordinates well and ensure the team’s objectives are in alignment with unit plans and divisional strategy.
- Ensure regular objective assessments of data and related reporting utilizing primarily Gateway/Salesforce, are conducted with the staff/team to understand the efficacy of the staff/team’s outputs and that key learnings are applied to the team’s activities and incorporated into annual strategic planning processes.
- Effectively manage staff and supervise. Manage staff well-being and provide coaching and mentoring. Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports.
- Manage the development of staffing plans and the recruitment process of staff as needed. Ensure that staff have appropriate understanding and expertise in CRS’ advocacy and fundraising strategy and tactics to support their constituents.
- Ensure staff understand and adhere to CRS staff policies and procedures.
- Promote, uphold and model a commitment to the efficient use of agency and donor resources.
- Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Promote accountability, learning and knowledge management overseeing application of the M2 MEAL standards, as well as support of cross-department learning, particularly through Cross-Functional Teams (CFTs).
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to apply
Closing date: 10/14/2022