International Rescue Committee
Job Overview: Under the direction of the Maternal & Child Health (MCH) Program Specialist the Maternal & Child Health Assistant will provide support and assistance to the programmatic needs of the Maternal & Child Health Program. The MCH Assistant will provide trauma informed care coordination services to refugees and other qualified populations to support a positive resettlement experience and the achievement of client self-sufficiency. They will work closely with clients, colleagues and external partners to ensure timely and appropriate health care services for expecting mothers, new- borns, infants and children.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule and coordinate pre-natal, labor and delivery, post-partum medical appointments
- Provide transportation for client health/medical/dental appointments
- Receive and Manage MCH related donations (e.g. formula, diapers, etc.)
- Coordinate Client WIC appointments and ensure clients understand how to access WIC Benefits
- Assist with the recruitment and management of MCH Volunteers
- Assist clients in ensuring medical bills have been billed to Medicaid
- Schedule and coordinate WIC appointments and grocery store orientations
- Complete R&P health related case-notes in ETO
- Provide Car Seat Education to clients
- Ensure client health needs are addressed in a timely manner
- Coordinate childhood immunizations for clients
- Comply with all policies and protocols of the agency
- Support overall functioning of Health Programs, projects and initiatives
- Participate in all program meetings and staff development activities
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma.
- Relevant professional experience in human services field required; minimum of 1-2 years’ experience preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to promote an organizational culture that reflects IRC’s core values of service, accountability, integrity, and equality. Ability to lead in a way that recognizes that IRC’s work is best accomplished through the true collaboration of individuals from many cultures with a great variety of skills and perspectives.
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by client group is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- Occasional domestic (non-local) travel required; up to 10%.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply
Please apply on our website: