1. Reporting Line
The Project Officer reports to the Head of Project Cell.
2. Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To assist in project planning, development, coordination and implementation of Mission projects in support of mandate implementation;
· To assess project proposals and issue feasibility and sustainability recommendations;
· To advise Missions operational components and heads of units in the preparation of project proposals, budgets, notes of understanding and project agreements etc.;
· To ensure project proposals are in line with Mission programmes and coordinated internally and externally;
· To act as the interface between project leaders and various elements of Mission Support;
· To maintain records of the Mission project history and ongoing activities;
· To conduct post project reporting and evaluation;
· To develop best practices on project management, make training recommendations and record lessons identified/learnt;
· To receive, review, analyse, assign, process and track certified requisitions submitted for procurement;
· To liaise with Mission international partners in close coordination with the Mission Coordination and Cooperation capability;
· To provide support across field offices for planning and implementation of projects, focusing on complementarity and synergies with national or regional projects or initiatives related to maritime area;
· To ensure that all contract related expenditures are documented in compliance with the Regulation on the financial rules applicable to the general budget of the Union (Financial Regulation);
· To support the delivery, reception, acceptance, stock and inventory of all goods for the Project Cell, including the preparation of all relative documents and certificates;
· To support the monitoring of the projects goods warranties and works liabilities during all the relative periods;
· To provide support for the preparation of the handover of the equipment to beneficiaries and organises the physical delivery in the several regions of the country as required;
· To support, within projects, organising the facilities and event set-up, planning and organisation of conferences, workshops, training activities or other expertise transfer activities for Somali counterparts;
· To support the preparation of market researches and terms of reference for equipment and goods and the preparation of the procurement dossier.
· To ensure that Project Cell’s paper and electronic archive, as well as dedicated databases, are properly managed and updated.
3. General Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To identify and report on lessons learned and best practices within the respective area of responsibility;
· To contribute and ensure timely reporting on activities within the respective area of responsibility;
· To take account of gender equality and human rights aspects in the execution of tasks;
· To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Manager(s).
4. Essential Qualifications and Experience:
· Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the first cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent and attested police and/or military education or training or an award of an equivalent rank; AND
· A minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience, after having fulfilled the education requirements.
5. Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Teamwork skills;
· Time management skills;
· Problem solving skills;
· Project management skills.
6. Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· University and/or Master’s Degree in project management or other related field;
· Project management training, such as APM, PPM, PRINCE2, or equivalent;
· Experience related to planning and implementation of capacity building projects for civilian law enforcement agencies;
· International experience, particularly in crisis areas with multinational and international organisations.
· The experience should be in the field of planning, execution/implementation, monitoring or evaluation of projects.
7. Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Familiar with EU Financial Regulations.
How to apply
THIS ADVERTISEMENT IS FOR EU CITIZENS ONLY:
- You have the nationality of an EU Member State: You must use Goalkeeper to apply:
a) You are already registered on Goalkeeper AND you have an EU Login:
b) You do not have a Goalkeeper account or an EU Login:
- You do not have the nationality of an EU Member State:
only seconded nationals of a non-EU Contributing Third State can be proposed by their National Seconding Authority (no personal applications will be considered): please contact your
seconding authority to send them your application form.
Please note: Seconded positions are only available for candidates already validated in
the database of their Seconding Authority. Please contact your national Seconding
Authority for more information on applying for vacant Seconded positions. We cannot
provide contact details of national Seconding Authorities.
General Information on working in a CSDP Mission: