Yoga and Sports with Refugees
Would you like to be part in an active community and are you motivated by sport and physical activity? In Yoga and Sport with Refugees (YSR), we are looking for people who are as passionate about sport as we are. Since 2017 we have been building a strong and inclusive community through sport. We are looking for reliable and trustworthy volunteers who want to connect with people from all over the world while doing sport and taking active part of our organization.
We are searching for people who can help us on the ground – in our gyms in either Athens, Ioannina or Lesvos. The volunteers’ responsibility includes completing tasks assigned by the organization and coordination team. We are looking for volunteers who are able to help us improve the overall operations of the organization. To be successful as a volunteer in Yoga and Sport with Refugees, you should demonstrate independent working skills and be comfortable with teamwork.
- Show up at team meetings and for the assigned shifts.
- Manage the gym on your assigned shifts and taking responsibility for the daily tasks being carried out
- Be able to work together with the volunteer team on the ground
- Be able to work together with partner organizations
- Agree with coordination team about commitment and about any changes during your stay
- Understand your role and responsibilities as well as the rules and safety regulations of the organization. Complete all duties assigned by the coordinators and report any issues immediately.
- Observe the rules and safety regulations of the organization while carrying out tasks.
- Arrive on time for shifts
- Make recommendations for improvement where feasible and appropriate.
- 4 weeks commitment as a minimum
- Basic level of English
- Passionate about sport
- Enthusiastic and flexible work ethic
- Good initiative for individual project and tasks within YSR
- A hands on mentality and ready to take action with the operations in the organization Completion of relevant training might be required.
- A willingness to work as part of a team and engage in the YSR community
- Respect and diligence to the individual situation of our beneficiaries
- Good time management skills
How to apply
Please go to our website and fill in our application form, we will get back to you within 2 working days.