Hope Revival Organization
The Sr. Finance Officer will report to the Finance Manager. Overall purpose of the Finance officer, financial oversight of the projects, fulfill daily accounting tasks and assist in coordinating financial functions and services. Producing relevant financial previsions and reports on a regular basis. Finance Officer focus and ensures compliance to HRO procedures and guidelines, contributes to the development of action plans, day-to-day tasks and provides support and technical guidance to operations while supervisory tasks with the Field Finance staff.
Financial and budget management:
• Post and review all expenditures and every transaction according to programme and projects budgets and ensure that reports produced from the accounting system reflect the true position of HRO financial performance.
• Process payments and ensure that each payment/transaction complies with HRO internal financial procedures, programmes and project budgets. This includes checking and ensuring the stamping and filing of all vouchers and documents is done.
• Design programme/project budgets in consultation with other relevant staff and ensure budget holders are regularly updated on burn rate.
• Manage staff advances issuance, liquidation and ageing in line with the HRO’s policies and procedures.
• Ensuring that all information required for audit is availed including financial reports.
• Ensure Cash/Fund flow management in liaison with relevant staff.
• Review procurement documents prior to Procurement Committee meetings in liaison with the Procurement Officer.
• Maintain contact with HRO bankers and monitor all bank transactions to ensure that adequate balances are maintained. This includes ensuring competitive exchange rates.
• Analyze risk areas in internal controls and recommend mitigating measures.
• Responsible for accounts payables and receivables for the organization.
• Daily management of finance staff through training, scheduling, coaching and regular Communicating of job expectations to ensure minimum accounting controls are effective.
• Monitoring and following cash and bank balances and vendors/suppliers’ payments. In this regard, coordinate monthly cash flow requests from field-offices to ensure accuracy and support consolidated country cash flow requests to HQ.
• Act as Finance Manager when he/she is on leave.
• Prepare, review and post national staff payroll monthly basis.
• Coordinate with HR team about personnel related subjects such as Social Security Registration by communicating with Audit/Payroll company.
• Review and post general journals and purchase invoices in the finance software Navigator,
• Oversee daily cash management and cash count with finance assistant.
• Produce monthly, quarterly, final financial reports to the donors.
• Act as a focal point and coordinator of narrative reports for grants and support the drafting of the reports.
• Ensure that financial and narrative reporting meets donor requirements, quality standards and is submitted in compliance with donor reporting deadlines.
• Develop and provide reporting templates to relevant teams, ensure use of consistent templates.
• Ensuring compliance with the donors and HRO grant management and financial policy, procedures and regulations.
Human Resource Management
• Check the payroll prepared by HR for local staff, ensuring payment of statutory deductions and file tax returns with relevant authorities.
• Keep an up-to-date database of HRO’s staff and consultants.
• Provide support to the recruitment process and ensure that new staff recruitment is done in compliance to HRO policy and Turkish labour laws.
• Update and keep secure each staff file and ensure that confidentiality levels are maintained.
• Ensure staff training and development plans are designed, budgeted for and implemented.
• Develop a robust new staff orientation procedure and ensure that it is implemented.
• Advise on staff remuneration, benefits and other entitlements.
• Liaise with other relevant staff on management of staff complaints, staff disciplinary proceedings and other HR related practices.
• Advise and support on staff separation procedures in compliance with Turkish labour laws and HRO policies.
• Ensure the staff appraisal tool is regularly updated, scheduled staff appraisals are completed, filed and outcomes actualized.
• Execute other tasks and responsibilities assigned by the Finance & Administration Manager.
HQ office Accounting:
• Preparing monthly financial reports for the organization.
• Following up the projects fund requests.
• Coordinate with the project’s accountants.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
• A holder of university degree in Business Administration, Commerce or any other equivalent qualification.
• At least two years of experience in similar functions in an international non-governmental organization.
• Advanced book-keeping skills, including the ability to analyze financial information and prepare complete financial statements.
• Experience in enforcing internal financial procedures
• Human Resource experience is required
• Proactive attitude to budget monitoring and reporting, preferably with experience in advanced reporting requirements
• Command of Management Information Systems, in particular QuickBooks and exposure to one or more computerized accounting packages
• The candidate must be accurate, thorough, and able to consistently meet deadlines.
• Proficiency in English language, both written and spoken
• Possess a certificate of good conduct from the Turkish Policies
• Awareness of international development context
• Understanding of the project cycle from financial and programmatic perspective
• Finance and accountancy experience (computer-based)
How to apply
• Hope Revival has a zero-tolerance regarding sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. HRO also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles..
• Hope Revival is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hope Revival considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Applicants in need of accommodation during the interview can contact the HR team at [email protected]
• If you are interested to join our team please send your resume, list of at least 3 professional references (latest two-Line Managers and HR Manager) including contact information and cover letter in ENGLISH describing your reasons for applying and relevant qualifications to this link: https://job.hroorg.com/jobs/apply/78d40d63-55b2-4adc-9b42-8a5b1d7ca572
• Hope Revival thank all applicants; however, Kindly be informed that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 19 Mar 2023